✎ twenty-two

"happy friday soon to be world champ!" tingyun spoke loudly as she walked into the office. "when are tryouts?"

"first off," i began, laughing. "winter olympics is before worlds. and tryouts for the team are at the beginning of december, so i have a bit to regain my skills."

"awesome! and also, a little birdie told me that you told the boss~ how did that go?" i fought a blush as the memory of him resurfaced.

"it went really well, he told me he was proud of me." i replied, leaving out the 'minor' details. tingyun's smile grew, her eyes glancing at his office.

"aaaand thats all?" she teased.

"thats all!" i kept a straight face, shooing her away. as she walked off, i heard her giggle. jing yuan stepped out of his office and made his way towards my desk.

"good morning, y/n, you look lovely today." the office went quiet, awaiting my response.

"thank you, sir." collective gasps were shared, jing yuan himself surprised, a pink tint showing itself.

"thats it theyre fucking!" i heard someone whisper. jing yuan smiled, turning to the office.

"its called 'taking it slow'." he chuckled, looking at me to make sure i was okay. "now all of you, shut up." he said, half serious. the office laughed.

"what took you so long?" yukong commented. "it was so obvious, you're kind of a simp, boss."

"kind of?" fu xuan laughed. "i told him that already. but congrats, i guess you two. and good luck y/n."

"thanks, fu xuan." i said, embarrassed. "can we not make this a big deal..? im focusing more on making winter olympics rather than this. no offense, jing yuan."

"none taking, my dear." sushang cooed sarcastically, earning a glare from myself. "back to work now everyone. y/n, would you like a ride to practice after work today?"

"id love one." i mumbled, looking away. jing yuan made sure no one was watching, before kissing my cheek softly.

"meeting notes after lunch, dear." he whispered.

————

jing yuan was content. he always knew that y/n was the one. he'd never 'wait' for anyone, which is why he surprised even himself by telling y/n that. perhaps he was a simp, as fu xuan has said.

he sat in his office, door shut, a complete mess. jing yuan wanted ever so badly to kiss y/n, to wrap her up in his arms after her competition, to hold her tight by the fire, and to be by her side for eternity.

but of course, they both knew it was best to take it one step at a time. jing yuan had almost forgotten about the dating rumors between dan heng and y/n when they were teens. he never realized that was part of the reason she quit.

when he first met y/n, he never ever thought he would ever be with her. people always assumed that jing yuan could have anyone and anything he wanted. girls swooned for him, but he never reciprocated feelings for any of them. until y/n.

deep down, jing yuan was scared. throughout his childhood, he never had time for friends or girlfriends. his father always had him working, whether it was academically, or taking business classes at night. jing yuan was lonely. until he met y/n.

aeons, he thought to himself, smiling like an idiot at his desk. jing yuan was a simp. to quote fu xuan, he was a 'big, fucking simp'. now normally, he'd never accept that.

but with y/n? he'd be fine being called a simp anytime.

a/n: simp chain pt 2 ->