Chapter 10

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

"Congratulations!" I screamed hugging Nae.

"I'm officially a highschool graduate!" she hollered

"Mom would've been so proud of you Nae"

"Yeah I wish she was here" Nae's smile disappeared from her face.

"Hey how about I take you out to Red Lobster my treat " I suggested trying to cheer her up because it was her favourite restaurant.

"Maybe later I was suppose to go hangout with my friends after the ceremony."

"Oh ok well call me if you need anything" I told her

"I will" Nae nodded her head

"Later I'm gonna go over to Kay's" I waved as I walked further away from her to head to my car in the school parking lot.

______________

"KAY YOU GOT LIKE NO FOOD IN YOUR FRIDGE" I closed fridge door turning around ready to ask her another question but

"Awww you guys are so cute now go jump off a bridge" I said while I watch my best friend and her boyfriend shoving their tongue down each other's throat in the living room on the couch across from the kitchen.

Kay stuck up her middle finger and I gave one back to her.

"Why are you here?" Jordan, her boyfriend gave me a look.

"Who asked you to move in?" I shot back giving him a tight lipped smile.

He mugged me scrunching up his face that looked like the time when the weekend had plastic surgery done to his face.

"This pig always be finishing my food and never offers to buy any groceries" Kay pushed his head.

"Bro she's been over here like ten times this week of course there's no food" Jordan shot back.

"What you calling me fat?" I sized him up

"Y'all fight every single day always yapping in my ear." Kay groaned rolling her eyes.

"Then tell her to leave ain't your fault she has no friends." Jordan rolled his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up" I mugged him rolling my eyes

Sassy men are really taking over

"Trin is welcome anytime she wants" Kay spoke.

"Thank you" I gave Jordan a proud smile.

"I'm gonna go get some food you want anything?" I asked Kay.

"Ya get me some lemmon pepper wings from wingstop. " she said." You want anything babe?"

"Tuh I'm not getting him nothing he has his own two legs" I commented

"Wasn't planning on you to" Jordan spoke.

"Good" I grabbed my purse off the couch and walked over to the front door. " Be back in fifteen"

____________

As I exited the wingstop restaurant with my food I was about to head to my car when suddenly two men appeared by my side.

"Hey" I gave them a tight lipped smile.

"You're even prettier from up close" the shorter looking one said with a devil opus smile on his face.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and speed walk a little from the creeps.

"Where you going pretty?"  the same short guy cut me off.

Just a couple more steps to my car

"What's your problem?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Tell your lil boyfriend Andrew that we know where he lives and that he got til the end of the month to give us our money or else his mom is gonna pay."

"Sorry I think you got the wrong girl" I told him.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about bitch" he grabbed my wrist and that is when I felt my heart pounding in my ears

"Let go of me I don't know who you're talking about" my voice trembling.

"Let's go" the taller one said and as they both walked off I instantly get into my car and checked twice to make I locked it.

That was weird and very frightening honestly i thought I was gonna get robbed then kidnapped but luckily at least the wings are still secured.

As soon as I got back to Kay's apartment I told her I wasn't feeling well and that I was gonna go home. I didn't mention what happened at Wingstop and I didn't plan to until I figure out this person named Andrew that the two men mentioned.

Nae wasn't back yet and it was almost 9pm so I called to see if she was safe because of what I experienced a couple hours ago.

She told me she was staying over at her friend house so that left me all by myself.

I took a shower then ate some lemon pepper wings before doing my night care routine then head into bed to watch Gossip Girl.

Eventually I got tired and my eyes were droopy until my loud phone ringtone woke me back up and I checked to see an unknown caller.

"Hello?"

"How soon can you get down to the police station?" Nylah's voice filled my ears.

"Wait how did you get my phone numb–"

"They dropped the charges against Genie."

"Wait what?!" I sprung up off the bed. "I'll be there soon" I told her then hanged up the phone.

I quickly got dressed but I didn't feel like doing my hair so I left my bonnet on, grabbed my purse, and rushed out the front door.

_________________________