Tenth chapter

Rawon was found badly wounded in the horse barn. Kian ran to him. "Who did that to you?" he asked panicking.
"It was a servant" he breathed heavily through the pain and forced the words out "a lot of nobles are involved, I investigated that, where is the king? I sent him a massage."
"That was you!?"
"Who else do you think did that?" he laughed then quickly hissed because of the pain.
"Caelum!" Kian answered while trying to stop the bleeding, by putting a piece of cloth on it.
"Speaking of him, is he still alive?"
"Worry about yourself now, he is completely fine."
"I'm not worried, he is part of the coup" he finally said. Kian's hand stopped moving, his face went pale.
"He was the one telling Lily and Asena to go to the bunkers, and he knew they were going to set it on fire."
"What do you mean? Where is Lily? Kian, I swear if something happened to her I ..." he didn't continue "she wasn't there" Rawon relaxed again.
"Rawon I saw a lot of nobles and clergy going inside, why did Caelum want to get rid of them all."
"Kian, these were probably the people, who didn't want to participate in the coup, Caelum is merciless."
"We should kill him."
"Ciel will kill him, he knows everything."
_____________

Lily was walking through the crowd making sure nobody was hurt and the children were kept warm.
After they heard the explosion from the bunkers, everybody was thankful to the queen, who saved them.
"Do you think the king will come back?" Asena asked.
"I'm sure he will come to save us, even if he was dying, Ciel loves his folk" Lily spoke confidently.

Hours passed by and there was a complete silence.
"We will go and see how it went" a group of young men informed the queen about their destination.
"I am going with you too" Lily stood up quickly.
"No, my queen, it is dangerous" one of them spoke.
"I am the queen! I should be protecting you not the other way around" Lily insisted.
_____________

Ciel stood in front of Kian and Rawon, who was supporting himself on Kian.
Ciels sword and armor were soaked in blood.
"Thank you for the letter Rawon" Ciel said sincerely.
"It's my job Ciel, you don't have to thank me."
"Ciel huh, were on first name terms now" he joked.
"I'm about to die, at least let me do what I want once" Rawon pretended he was dying.
"Don't exaggerate, you had worse wounds" Ciel ignored him.
"Where is Lily?" the king was serious again.
"Where is Caelum?" Rawon asked in return.
"Dead" Ciel answered "Now tell me, where is she?"
"The forest, I think she looked through his acting."
"Are you telling me I'm dumb" Kian was annoyed.
"Are you even asking?" Rawon asked sarcastically then continued "Ciel told me to observe Caelum before departing to war."
Suddenly they heard a shout. All of them turned into the direction the voice came from.
It was Lily running towards Ciel.
Her dress ripped and dirty, face pale and her hair a mess, but still she was the most beautiful creature in his eyes.
"Oh my god, Lily" Ciel let his sword fall and lifted Lily up to hug her, holding her to his chest and smelling her scent.
"My queen" Lily started to tear up hitting on his chest. She played the strong queen for too long now, it was time to let him take the lead.
She felt safe in his warm arms. She didn't care about the blood.
"Ciel never let me alone ever again" her breathing was unstable.
"Never again" he held her even tighter. His queen suffered because of them. He was going to torture everyone involved in this act.

Miles away stood Asena observing her surroundings. Kian walked towards her trying to gain her attention. She was extremely small in comparison to his size. Her cheeks turned red.
"You look fine my prince" he held the back of her head with one hand and pulled her to his wide chest.
"I was so worried."

Ciel looked to them then back to Lily "Did I miss something?"
Lily touched his jaw to make him look at her again "focus on me" repeating the word he once said. He smiled smugly.
"I have nothing better to do" he leaned in to kiss her lips.
Rawon looked away feeling hurt a little.

"By the way where is Allora, Asena said you will be bringing her back" Lily looked around.
"She is with Davian."
"Davian!" Lily's eyes widened.
"I will tell you later, now hug me again, I missed you."
_____________

Three days later

Exhausted and worn out Ciel walked down the corridor towards Lily's chamber.
Ciel didn't have time to talk to Lily after he came back since he was busy dealing with meetings with nobles and ministers. They had a lot to say, as usual.
He had to start the city reparations as soon as possible. The thought made him frown.
He should also find the traitors who turned against him and did that to his folk.

Ciel still didn't change his army uniform nor took a shower. He didn't even have time to rest and sleep for the past three days.

Lily was supposed to be asleep at this hour, that was what he thought when he entered her room. Ciel was totally wrong.

She was wide awake and waiting for him.
Her eyes looked sleepy and teary while her figure rested on the couch before the bed.
His eyes wondered over her body and stayed fixated on her shown parts.

Her hair was wet and water drops falling along the delicate skin of her neck.
Did she take a shower?

Ciel clinched his jaw trying to hold himself back.
He wanted to go to her, hold her in his arms and make love to her.
He missed her warmth, her voice, her touch... everything, he missed everything.

"It's dark outside" that was dumb to say. He regretted it right after the words slipped out of his mouth.

Lily slowly stood up, her green silk nightdress flowing a little because of her light movements. She stopped near him and locked eyes with him, while putting her hand on his chest. She looked him up and down.
He was still wearing his war-armor. He looked stunning but exhausted.
The circle under his eyes were dark and he had fresh blood all over him.

"Yes, it's unfortunately dark outside because it's night" he closed his eyes at her soft voice and smiled amusingly at her.

"Yes, it is. So why aren't you sleeping" he liked that she was that near to him, touching him, trying to seduce him.

"I was waiting for his highness to return home so that I can wish him a good night before sleeping" she pouted and caressed his biceps.
For some reason she missed him, and she knew he did too.

He lifted his hand and caressed her left cheek with the back of it, she closed her eyes at the feeling.
"Your cheeks are cold" he stated looking around the room searching for the causer and saw the balcony door open.
"You should go to bed. I don't want you to get sick."
"Are you worried?" she blushed furiously.
"Are you flattered?"
"What if I say I am."
"Don't play games" Ciel frowned his brows.
"I'm serious" Lily seemed so welcoming.
"Do you have any injuries" she asked in a soft and worried tone. He couldn't fight the urge to lean in and kiss her. Her lips were screaming for him to taste them.
He held her waist with one hand and with the other he held the side of her neck caressing it carefully while she caressed his sharp jawline with the tips of her delicate fingers.
He turned to put his lips on her palm kissing it deeply. She outlined his lips with her thumb. He was hungry for her.
"Did you miss me?" the desire in his tone was obvious as he reached for her shoulder and took off the robe. His mouth was on her jaw planting butterfly kisses on it and slowly wandering towards her neck sucking on it leaving red marks.
"I did" she moaned loudly and threw her head back exposing her whole neck as he groaned.
"You're sure you can take it? I could be more aggressive than usual" he warned and she looked at him feeling dazed "I can, I will take all of you Ciel" she responded between her moans.
His lips moved down to her collarbone, his fingers trailing flames across her skin.
"Lily, my queen, my love, my one and only" he whispered while kissing her between his words. Lily's legs turned into jelly while he carried her to the bed.

"I want to feel your naked body touching mine, nothing else, just us holding each other completely nude."