Chapter 20 - Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi!

It was 4 pm. when Arnav came back home with Khushi, Lavanya, and NK. He went to pick them up from college, and they requested him to take them to his house so they could complete their group assignment before they left for Nainital.

Arnav took them to the kitchen, where Anjali and Shyam were making sandwiches and pizzas for their car trip as he wanted to introduce Khushi and NK to his sister and brother in law. They already met Lavanya.

Anjali looked up at Khushi, her eyes lit up as she smiled and rushed to her, "Helloo.. hi.. Khushi, right?"

Khushi nodded her head, smiling shyly, "Ji."

"And Khushi, she's my.."

Anjali cut him off, raising her palm to him and gesturing him to stop, "Oh please.. I know how to introduce myself. Choti bacchi nahi hoon main (I'm not a small kid)."

Arnav sighed, "Haan toh Amu ki Amma introduce yourself!"

Anjali chuckled, resting her elbow on Arnav's shoulder. She turned to face Khushi while pointing her index finger to Arnav, "I'm Anjali Jha! This Chotu's elder sister!"

Arnav whined, "Di, I'm not chotu anymore! Stop calling me like that now."

Anjali hit his forehead lightly, "You and Ayan are my Chotu and Chiku! Mere dono bacche (my two kids)."

"Aur main? (What about me?)" Shyam asked, making a cute puppy face to his wife.

"You're my sweetheart, my darling, my love, my baby!"

As soon as she called Shyam baby, Arnav dramatically covered his ears, "Please spare us from these kinds of intimate conversations."

Lavanya and NK giggled while Khushi was feeling like an alien among them. They were so comfortable talking and teasing each other with these kind of topics, while she was feeling awkward to be standing there and hearing Anjali openly expressing her love to her husband.

"Just wait until you get married, I'll tease you and your wife nonstop then!" Anjali said, pulling Arnav's cheek.

Arnav's eyes instinctively rested on Khushi's, who felt her heart pounding as she lowered her eyes, intertwining her fingers nervously. Now that she admitted to herself that she has a crush on Arnav, she couldn't help but feel affected with the sudden mention of Arnav's future wife by Anjali and the way Arnav looked at her the moment his sister uttered this word 'wife' made her feel the whole zoo in her stomach.

Anjali smirked, observing their reactions silently.

Arnav immediately composed himself as he continued with the introductions, "And she's Khushi. Ma already told you about her. She came to Delhi to pursue her studies in computer engineering."

Anjali smiled with an acknowledging nod as she said, "If you need any help, then don't hesitate to ask my brother for help. He has done the same course."

Khushi nodded her head obediently.

"Yes, please, Arnav. Very soon, we'll need your tuition!" Lavanya added with a puppy face.

Arnav grinned devilishly, "I'll think about your case," making Lavanya pout and narrow her eyes at him. Then Arnav introduced NK to Anjali, "He's NK, recently joined their course. Khushi and Lavanya's friend. He's also joining us on our trip."