Training

Chapter 9:

Claire is still glaring at me from her seat, but I pretend not to notice. I DO NOT want to be told off again. I don't care if I am the alpha, that woman can be terrifying. Of course, her mate finds it Aaadorable... I won't lie and say I am not jealous, but who wouldn't be in my position? John gave up his position as Gamma to be with her—life sucksss. My mate rejected me, insulted me, and for the cherry on top, banished me. I will repeat my earlier statement, Life sucksss...Art agrees.

It seems that Sara has figured out the direction of my thoughts because I get her growling mind-link, "Asshole..." I try to hold in my laugh and fail. I quickly apologize and mind-link back, "I love you, but please shut it."

I feel bad for my thoughts earlier. I am really happy that Claire and John have found a good life and I am happy to be a part of it.

I look at the obvious split in the room. I sit at the head of the table, to my right is Sara, next is John, then Claire. On my left side CeCe sits, then Jules, next is Andy and Wen. Claire looks like the only comfortable one here, other than myself and CeCe. Sara and John are obviously staring at each one of them, trying to figure them out and occasionally glancing at me. Meanwhile, Andy stares at me, probably trying to read my mind again. Jules is looking at CeCe, while CeCe is trying to ignore her stare, obviously pissing Jules off. Wen looks like a curious kid staring at me, waiting for the cue to rattle off a dozen questions. I glance back at Ce and I stare at her for a moment before I start,

"I need your help." Everyone stiffens. I continue, "things were quite hectic when I first met all of you.  I had just figured out some very important information about myself. I created this pack for the innocent wanderers that needed somewhere safe, now we are all in danger. You all know I am the daughter of the Moon Goddess. What you do not know is that I am here to end the war that will be here very soon, but I am going to need your help." I pause, "I am asking you to help me train."

I sit down and watch as they make their decisions. Jules looks towards CeCe first and CeCe calls attention to the boys, Wen and Andy. "You all know my nightmares." They all nod. "They are about this war. Through all the possibilities I have seen, she is the only one who can save us all." Claire and John look at each other, the fear in their eyes is prevalent. Sara only looks at me. I look at my feet and eventually I feel all of their eyes on me.

Jules is the one to speak. "We will help you train." My sigh of relief escapes and the start of a new beginning takes place.

- A few days later -

I fall on my ass once again.  Wen tours above me.  He offers me his hand.  I swat it away in frustration.  "What was that?  One second I had you in a choke hold, the next I was on the ground out of breath."  I hear Andy's small chuckles in the background.  I turn towards him and glare to the point where he could have died.  He leaves after that.  I look back at Wen to see him back in a fighting pose, so I get up and try again.

I let him make the first move.  He is fast for a warlock with no special abelites.  He aims for a leg sweep,, but I dodge and counter attack with a punch to the face.  My fist grazes past his face and he mutters a spell.  I start to feel weight pulling me down, distracting me from my task.  I stay focused though and push through is mental attack.  "Your getting better at blocking those attacks, but you need to be prepared before the attack is sent.  Even a moment distraction could cost you your life." he tells me as he aims for a punch in the gut, but then I see it.  He distracts me with the obvious blow, then does a fast sneaky hit with the other hand.  He aims towards the perfect spot that would take me down.  I change my body position slightly causing him to miss the vital points.  I ignore the pain and kick him in the face with a roundabout kick while he is distracted by his surprise.

I jump up in down screaming that I won.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for the late and very short chapter, but I have found myself in a bit of a writers block.  I will continue to try my best and update as soon as I can

-RissaRoo