Chapter 10

The time on the screen in Jungkook's car read 00:12. The car was parked in the parking lot of a pizza restaurant. "You wanna try mine?" Nari offered holding a slice of her pepperoni pizza in the air.

Jungkook nodded and opened his mouth. Nari fed him the pizza watching as he took a bite. "It's good." He said after chewing and swallowing. "Mine?" He asked making Nari nod.

He fed her his cheese pizza and watched as she nodded approvingly. "That's pretty good." Nari said wiping her mouth with a serviette.

"Right? Coming here was a good idea." Jungkook said looking out of the windscreen at bright lights of the city. "How did you even find this place?" He asked. "I was driving Eunchae back home after hanging out and we stumbled upon it and decided to try it out."

Nari turned to the side and looked at Jungkook's side profile with a content smile.

She was happy. It had been a while since she felt that way. Her nightmares came back full force before she met Jungkook. His presence grounded her and kept her sane and she'd forever be grateful for that.

She just hopped he wouldn't leave her.

Jungkook sighed contently as he admired the view from the driver's side of his car. Cry baby by The neighbourhood played softly on the radio as a comfortable silence fell onto the two.

He liked being with Nari. He liked listening to her rants about why the appendix was the most useless organ or why she relates to Pluto. Jungkook found her interest in astronomy cute.

According to her, she could recognise and name constellations when stargazing. Though that's hard to do in a city with light pollution. She would stargaze back at her parents' farm on an open field.

He appreciated how she pretty much forced him to relax every time he came back from a long day at Hybe. It had been four months since he moved into the apartment building and became Nari's neighbour.

And they spent almost every night together playing video games on his PlayStation or watching cliché romance movies and laughing whenever the main characters did something stupid.

It was something Nari did before she met him when she couldn't go to sleep because of her insomnia. And now she roped him in it.

Jungkook had walked onto Nari right before she started recording a video in her office slash study room. She recorded a storytime while he sat out of the camera's view occasionally speaking up to add his two cents.

And after recording, Nari suggested they go out for pizza and that's how they ended up in a parking lot of a twenty four hour pizza restaurant.

"I can't believe I'm going to be on call for a whole day." Nari sighed taking a sip of her water. "For 24 hours? From what time?" Jungkook asked turning to look at her. "From six in the afternoon." Nari answered picking up her phone to change the song softly playing in the background.

"But it's a home call so I'll be home the entire time." She added playing Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey. "This song is good." Jungkook commented as he listened to the song. "You know Lana Del Rey?" Nari asked.

"Mmh," Jungkook hummed giving it some thought before shaking his head. "I don't think so, no." Nari's head whipped towards him and shock was evident in her eyes.

"You don't listen to Lana? Oh my god, you uncultured little baby," She shook her head disappointedly while patting Jungkook's arm. "We have some work to do but after we get some sleep."

Jungkook let out a laugh at Nari being dramatic and rolled his eyes in return. "When did you start listening to her?" He asked. "In 2014 I think, so senior year." She answered.