Chapter 25

Iris
~~~

"I'll get it," I tell Rhys as I remove my apron and walk to the door. I slowly open it because I don't know who it is. I peek through the small gap.

It's...Harper? "Oh, hey Harper. Why are you here?" I say as I gesture for her to come inside. She comes in and I close the door. "Sooo...." I say trying to break the silence.

"Iris, I know who framed you," she snaps. "W-what..." I mutter. She nods. Ryhs comes out of the kitchen and looks at Harper like he's seen a ghost. "It was...your manager," she says.

"W-what... Avery. Never. That's not possible..." I say not able to believe her. "I have a lot of proof, Iris and I'm willing to explain myself if you're willing to listen," she says softly.

"Talk," Rhys says as I'm unable to say anything. "On the day of that competition, I saw your manager having tons of drugs in her hands. She put on a wig with your exact colour and exact hairstyle and deliberately went in front of the cameras putting drugs in the lockers," says Harper.

"I witnessed and recorded everything if you don't believe me. She caught me recording and she said she'd pay me not to tell anyone. I'm also at fault because I'd taken the bribe. And as for the cables... She'd bribed one of the workers so she could mess them up on camera as you and everyone would believe it," Harper says with a guilty voice.

"Why would she do that..." I say, still unable to believe her. "She's also dating some guy named Andre. I saw her kissing him the other day in a Gucci store. Weird place to be making out but whatever that'd besides the point," she says.

"What the f*ck. Andre," Rhys says, his hands are wrapped around my waist. "Look at the recordings I have, Iris," she says as she pulls out her phone and shows me everything that actually happened.

I'm beyond shocked right now. "I'm so sorry for not telling you everything right away," she apologizes. "Thank you, Harper," I say as I hug her. "You're not mad at me?" she asks softly.

"A bit, but I'm glad you told me everything," I say. "After all, I do need someone good to compete against," she winks. I smile softly at her. "Harper, could you do me a favor and send all the proof and footage you have to me?" I say sternly.

"Alright no problem. I have to go now though. I hope to see you soon on the rink," she says as she walks out the front door.

I hug Rhys, tightly. He hugs me back. "Moonlight..." he whispers. "I have to confront Avery. Will you be here...?" I ask. "You know I'd do anything for you~" he says.

Why the hell would she backstab me like that?