CH:1-The surgery

Aditi's POV

I was going through some files when l heard someone knock at the door. It startled me, l wondered who it could be. As far as l know everyone should be asleep right now it's 3a.m in the morning. I got up from my table and opened the door.

"Maa!! You scared me! Kya zaroorat thi itniii jaldi uthne ki, mein khud kr leti breakfast"l said to my mom.
(Why did you get up so early in the morning. I could have had breakfast by myself)

"U really think l trust you with eating your breakfast, as if you leave me a choice! Now come down stairs quickly!", she said before leaving the room.

Everytime l have an early shift or surgery in the morning or late night maa stays up till l come back home. Just Indian mums love l suppose.

I packed all the files and my bag and went downstairs to have my breakfast.
But first l went to the Pooja room "god l m nervous please take care of everything and l hope this goes well, l have the responsibility of someone's life please handle everything god" l said in a nervous tone but somewhere l had the confidence that l can do it.
Then went down before maa would take me downstairs pulling my ear.
......
"Ok maa, l am leaving now byee!"
I said to her while giving her a side hug and kissing her forehead before l left.

"All the best Mera bacha, stay calm...l know you got this my baby, call me once the surgery gets over. Aram se drive krna call me once u reach the hospital safely"
Maa said to me.

"Yesss mom don't worry, byee"
I said and drove off.

I was driving when l turned on the radio, when suddenly..

Kya hua tera vaada woh kasam woh irada

Bhoolega dil jis din tumhein

Woh din zindagi ka aakhiri din hoga

Kya hua tera vaada
Yaad hai mujhko toone kaha tha

Tumse nahin roothenge kabhi

Dil ki tarah se aaj mile hain

Kaise bhala chhootenge kabhi

Teri baahon mein beeti har shaam

Bewafa yeh bhi kya yaad nahin.....
(A song)

All those memories, those texts, those conversations, the promises, that voice all those..... everything came back rushing
I immediately changed the channel, but it didn't get my mind off those thoughts, l stopped the car and got out to get some some fresh air as l couldn't breathe or feel my heartbeat.
My heart stopped.
Why God why can't l forget him it's been 10 years since all that happened.l went back in my car and took a sip of water and said to myself
"Aditi no u can't think about it stoppppp now is not the time, today is a big day, a very important day for u. You can't risk it no distractions today. Most importantly you have the responsibility of someone's life, their family is dependent upon you, no more of those thoughts now" l said to myself and took a deep breath before I changed the music and started driving.

Soon l reached the hospital.
I went to my cabin and quickly prepared myself for the surgery.
When someone knocked
"May l come in Dr. Aditi?"
"Come in" l said
It was the nurse.
"Dr the OT(operation theatre) is ready" she said
"I will be there in a min, till then please check the patients BP and everything and also did their family sign that form?, as this surgery is very risky as informed to them earlier". I asked her.

"Yes doctor l checked the patient everything seems fine and the formalities have been completed"
She replied and left a few files on my table regarding the case.

I quickly went through the files and and went to the scrubbing ward and started the scrubbing procedure.
While scrubbing l said to myself, "You got this Aditi just stay calm and focused, you can do this l know it's risky and difficult but you can save this patient "