01 | LIES

Advaith's POV

"... Today at 5 pm you have the ARR foundation's event and then dinner with your family, that will be it for today. Tomorrow you have an early morning practice and after that at 10 am you have an ad shoot with the US polo. In the evening your co... " My assistant, Shilpi, reminds me of all the things I have to do.

"Yes, Shilpi I remember and I will not forget it when I have you breathing down my throat" I sigh. In return she chuckles "I'm only doing what I'm getting paid for"

"Right and remind me why am I going for these events?" I ask while I turn the steering wheel on the roads of Mumbai in between the heavy traffic.

She casually replies looking outside the window "because you're a famous cricketer and everyone loves you which means it will bring a lot of spotlight and business to them. I am telling you this again, you RSVP'd these long back and you cannot back out at the last minute like the last time. I will not make up for it like I did before"

I raise my brows as I quirk out a reply "you know, you work for me and not the other way round right"

I stop my car in front of the gates of her apartment. She looks at me clearly unfazed by my comment "I am very well aware and that is why I am breathing down your throat. Anyway thank you for the ride and I will see you in sometime sir."

So that was Shilpi, my 54 year old assistant. She has worked with me ever since the start of my career and even though I don't have much experience with assistants I can say she is the best. She gets me the best endorsement offers and contracts that will look good for my profile.

After dropping her, I drive to my penthouse. Once I finally reach home, I am greeted by my cook, Himani "You've arrived at the right time bhaiya" She greets me with a smile. I return the gesture as I walk in while she continues "the food is ready and I've kept it on the table. I haven't prepared food for the evening because you said you will be having dinner with your family. I was waiting for you to come, so I could leave."

"If everything is done then you can go. Thank you" I say while settling myself on the dining table chair. She nods and walks to the door which closes with a loud thud. I quickly have my lunch enjoying the silence and once I'm done with it, my costume team arrives along with Shilpi, once again filling the air with chaos and noise.

***

My footsteps against the marble flooring echoes. I walk in further through the living room and navigate myself to the place where I can hear chattering noise. It only increases as I reach the dining room.

I see my family laughing boisterously. Dad's sitting on the head of the table and on either side my mom and brother are sitting.

"What's up guys?" I say catching everyone's attention. I walk towards my mom, Rashmi Deewan, and kiss her cheek before sitting on the chair next to her.

"If you would have come even one second late, I swear to god I'd have started eating" My younger brother Rishab says

After the ARR foundation's event was completed, I instantly got in my car and drove to my family house.

"Well then good for you, unlike some people I value time" I reply to which he gives me a sarcastic smile.

Before he could say anything, the dining room opened with a bang "Hii sorry, I'm late but then I took an impromptu hair bath and I didn't properly calculate the timing" My younger sister, Nitara says. Rishab and Nitara are twins, she is just three minutes older. She throws her arms around dad's neck and gives him a kiss on his cheek.