xxxii. the last supper

chapter thirty-two

IT HAD BEEN SIX MONTHS SINCE OCTAVIA HAD MOVED TO DISTRICT FOUR

IT HAD BEEN SIX MONTHS SINCE OCTAVIA HAD MOVED TO DISTRICT FOUR. More specifically, since she'd moved in with Finnick. The transition overall wasn't exactly easy, but loving him was.

Their days were simple. Finnick would fish and let Octavia try her hand at it, she hadn't quite mastered it yet. She spent a lot of time sitting in the sand and tying knots for Finnick's fishing.

It was peaceful. Their life together had just begun but they both knew they wanted it forever. Octavia, like nearly every day, woke up to an empty bed which meant that Finnick had gone out to fish.

She rolled out of bed, stretching her muscles out quickly before walking out to the kitchen. A pot of coffee that was still warm sat out, a small bouquet made of sea thrift and moss rose beside it. The sea-designated plants greeted her nearly every morning. Finnick was a romantic, clearly.

She drank her cup of coffee within a few minutes before heading out of the front door and down to the sand.

Finnick stood knee-deep in the water, barely moving until he quickly slammed his trident down into the water. Octavia couldn't help but stare at his perfectly sculpted body against the blue waves.

Once he noticed her, he came up to greet her in the sand.

"Morning, love," he says, tossing a few fish onto the sand a few feet away from her. He leans down and kisses her cheek before taking a seat beside her.

"Good morning," she says back, a smile on her face.

"Tomorrow is the start of the Victor's tour, they'll be in Eleven by morning," Finnick says, looking out at the sea before glancing toward Octavia.

"It seems so soon," she responds, Finnick nods in agreement.

"I'll go back with you if you want?"

"I'd like that," Octavia smiles through her words. Finnick's green eyes dance across her face, taking in every feature. Her skin had grown slightly darker since being in Four, the constant sun gave her a generous glow.

"You want to head up? We can get a bit of training in before breakfast?"
Finnick asks, standing up and lending a hand to her, which she gladly takes.

Thankfully for Octavia, Finnick's home had an empty bedroom like the one in Eleven did, so they decided to use it as a training room similar to what Octavia had done before.

While Finnick spent his time fishing and sailing, Octavia spent hers battling with her katana against dummies. There were multiple dummies set up, along with a long katana and a trident. The couple regularly spent time sparring with each other, careful not to grow rusty.