48

Final chapter.
Special dedication to STemeki
Thank you for voting each and every chance you had.

One year later...

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to bear witness to this holy union between this woman and man in matrimony." The officiant recited the invocation. He takes a moment for a breather before resuming. "If there's anyone who is against this union, speak now or forever hold your peace."

The entire room is as silent as a grave as we all hold our breath. My father and sister are here as witnesses. My dad was more than happy to give me away. Even he's unhappy with me marrying a jailbird --as he puts it, but he's glad that I'm getting married to the father of my children.

"He's not here." Keletso whispers to the officiant. A giggle escapes from me, easing the butterflies in my stomach.

"Let's continue then," the officiant says.

"Keletso, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife; In sickness and in health; Through thick and thin. Through the good and the bad?"

"I do," Keletso replies, obvious joy radiating from him.

The officiant repeats the words for me and I sigh before saying, "I do."

"The rings," the officiant says.

Azania hands me the rings. I give Keletso mine and I hold on to his.

"With this ring," he begins and then chuckles. "Ours hasn't been a simple journey. We met under crazy circumstances..."

"To say the least." I cut in and chuckle.

"To say the least." He mimics my words, earning himself a warm smile from me. "I can't promise that it will be easy from here on but I can promise to try as you have done. Thank you." He grabs my arm and the contact sends electrifying chills down my spine.

The ring is cold as it slides onto my finger.

"With this ring, I promise to take care of our family. I promise to be honest and truthful at all times. I promise to continue trying for us, our children and you." I slide the ring onto his finger.

"You may kiss the bride." The officiant seals the the ceremony.

I'm a bit shy of kissing Keletso in front of my dad but he's eager. The kiss is more passionate than I intended it to be. My father clears his throat and I'm parted from Keletso in an instant.

I sulk but I don't show it to my dad.

"Sphe was bummed she couldn't make it to the wedding but she was happy with babysitting. Our kids like each other." I inform him

"They grow bigger by the day." He says. His eyes are filled with a lovely warmth each time I show him the photos.

"We're going to be okay. Eventually." I say and I hug him.

The end.

Thank you to everyone who has been with me throughout this long journey. Thank you for reading 🖤.