𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐

“GET IN THE CAR” Topper commands, he yanks open the passenger door for Hope to get inside it. After the incident, everyone scattered away from the field since the movie totally blew up after the screen got light up with fire.

The Pogues already nowhere to be found, gathering their things before running away before things start to go down again.

Hope was still in shock with everything that happened. The conversations she had with JJ and Rafe about the previous event still running through her mind. It’s kinda dramatic for her to say but she can feel her heart breaking after knowing the truth about her boat.

The fact she’s been defending the Pogues and him every time her brother bringing that up making she wants to bash her own head against the wall.

Why is she being so stupid and oblivious about it? Why she can’t see the reality about them, just like what her brother and her parents keep telling for most of her life?

Hope doesn’t get it, why would JJ did that to her? After everything she did, after she’s being nothing but nice to him. The previous moments they had making her heart aching more, because she thought they had good things together, she thought they were good together.

Maybe Topper was right, she shouldn’t get herself involved with them. She never listened and now she’s regretting it.

“I’m sorry” but instead of getting into the truck, she mutters the words.

Topper quickly shooting a look at the girl when he heard it, wanting to ask what is she talking about but when he finally takes a full look on her face, he starts to tense up.

“I’m sorry for not believing you, I’m sorry for keep defending the Pogues” she continues.

Her mouth quivering, starts to form an upside down smile. Topper was furious because of what happened but seeing his sister at the verge of tears making him to falter.

“I should listen to you, you were right. They---they are bad people. I shouldn’t be getting involved with them at all” she sniffing, trying to hold down her tears that about to fall down.

Topper let out a breath “hey, it’s okay” he said in soft tone, fully facing the girl that standing couple inches away from him “It’s not your fault they look a little convincing for not being a dirty Pogue” he continues.

“I really thought they’re not that bad, I thought people just making things up because they were poor and broke”

“Well, at least you know now” Topper states, but that not making her feels better at all. She feels bad, for trusting someone else that she barely knows than her own brother, her twin. And that causing Hope to stiffened even more.

“I’m sorry, okay? I feel so bad, I made you like the bad person every time” Hope continues, tugging on his arm “God, I even defending them when they’re literally put a damn gun on your head” she cried, shutting close her eyes at the flashback.

What’s gotten into her? She’s talking to them, to him only couple of times and she already believed everything they said and did. Over her own brother that she knows for her whole life, over her brother that loves her through everything no matter she did.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry” Topper quickly grabbing her arms for her to fully facing him, he can see how her mouth already turns upside down forming a frown because of the cry that forces to come out from her “That’s fine, all right? You don’t have to punish yourself for it. I understand”

Her lips quivering again but still manages to nod her head, keeping her eyes to her brother. She’s so grateful that he didn’t scold her or even rubs all over her face about how right he is this whole times. She should be grateful for how their relationship is hundreds times better compared to most of siblings.