0.2 | chrysanthemum

'the fates will find a way'

The thing with emotions such as love and hate is, that both are set apart by a very thin and blurry line and how it develops seems to have no explanation

If someone asked Chavi why she made a stoic expression whenever someone mentioned Garvit or why she admired Jay but never expressed her feelings, she would just shrug as if she had been asked why she liked sweet and sour candies, she just did.

(A/N: well that's why I am here for hehe)

It was a free period on an August afternoon and the students had taken it as an opportunity to huddle themselves into groups inside the classroom as they sat with their friends instead of the seats assigned by their class teacher.

The substitute teacher assigned to them was new, he had handed them newspapers to solve puzzles and read them just to keep them from creating unnecessary chaos.

naive of him

Chavi sat by the open window and the cool breeze blew away the pages of the closed notebooks once in a while which she had been using to keep the newspaper in place.

"So how are the preparations coming along?", Chavi asked with uncertain eyes as she tapped on the number she had written down on the soduko box.

Sharp vines gripped her heart but she somehow tried to look past the glasses tainted with green and embrace her friend's happiness.

Devlina looked up confused from her piece of newspaper page where she had been completing the word puzzle and noticed that the question was directed at the tall figure who had joined them.

Jay must have noticed Devlina's gaze as he looked up from his book and shrugged, "It is exhausting". Chavi nodded at him as her eyes finally met his, his answer always had been short and to the point, that's what she liked about him.

he meant what he said

Chavi smiled in response, her question was meant for the student council campaigning speech which he was expected to prepare, and nodded again. Suddenly something seemed to have clicked, when he looked up from the page he was on and spoke in his deep voice, "Oh, did you know that Garvit got shortlisted as well? Man, the competition is tough."

"Is it?", it was Devlina who asked the question.

"Wait. Wait. Wait, who is Garvit?", Chavi asked in a confused voice.

"Dude we are literally in the class", Devlina said with a deadpan expression.

Sensing Chavi's lingering confusion, Devlina looked around while Jay busied himself with his book again, an amusing smile on his face.