Sick. -Ghost-

1

You stumble through your door after a mission. It wasn't hard or easy, but it was tiring. You walk over to the edge of your bed and place down your bag that was weighing you down. You were strong, so it wasn't much of a problem, but once you took it off you felt as light as a feather. You stretch a bit before untying your brown military boots. You take off the rest of your equipment, grab your maroon towel, and head to the small bathroom in your shared barracks to take a shower. At least the bathrooms are separate, each in a different room. Back at bootcamp you would have to be pretty much showering shoulder to shoulder with other recruits.

You turn around and lock the door behind you. Last thing you need would to be your roommate opening the door and seeing you. You place down your towel on the reflective white sink. You stare at yourself in the mirror for a bit, before realizing your nose looks a bit redder than usual and it's been a bit harder to breathe since you got back. Could be nothing. You brush it off and open the shower curtain and grab the metal knob for the water and turn it all the way to the left. Waiting for the shower to get hot enough, you take off the rest of your clothes and take out your hair tie. Long brown hair flows down your back and reaches right above your hips. You've thought about cutting it, since sometimes it's too much of a hassle, but you've been taking care of it for too long to chop it all off.

The shower water finally gets hot as you step in.
a warm sprinkle envelops your mind and body, and you let yourself relax. Your muscles, previously tensed, finally release their pressure. You turn around for about 30 seconds to get your hair wet, before turning back around and letting the water flow down your chest. You try to take a few deep breaths through your mouth, but you erupt into a fit of coughs. Your throat burns as you tire out your lungs. You try not to be loud, for you don't want your roommate, Simon's attention towards the bathroom, but you just can't seem to stop coughing. You let the water run down your back as you turn and hold onto the wall as your lungs attempt to get rid of whatever they think entered them. After a minute or so, the tickle in your throat dies down, but is replaced with a sore feeling. Well shit. You're sick. Unless this is- no. You're just sick. Hopefully it's not too bad.

It's bad. You step out of the shower half an hour later exhausted. During that time, your state worsened. You feel like you just sprinted 10 miles. Taking a shower takes the most effort. How can you get this sick in 35 minutes? Nausea has taken over your entire upper body as you struggle not to gag at the sight of the toilet. Nothings even in it, just the thought of throwing up makes you want to do it too. You lean over the sink, towel wrapped around your beaten body. Oh shit. You forgot your clothes in the room. I mean, the bathroom is connected to the quarters, You just don't wanna see Simon. He's not scary, well he is. He's actually fucking terrifying. His towering stance over you is menacing. But whatever. It's either grab your clothes and make possible eye contact with him, or be naked for the next few hours and if he has to use the bathroom he has to see you anyway. So, you go with the first option.

You carefully step out of the slippery floors of the bathroom, landing your toe first on your rooms floor, then your heel follows closely. You take slow and quiet steps, as if you were a lion stalking its prey. The room isn't that big, So it takes less than 10 seconds to make it to the drawer. You can see Simon at the corner of your eye. He's lying on his back. You can't exactly see what he's doing, but you think he's on his phone. You ignore any thoughts about anything other than getting your clothes, and reach your hand to grab some military sleepwear. You bend down, too quickly, and start hacking your lungs out again. And it isn't a dry cough either, it's one of those wet ones where you hack up mucus and sometimes phlegm. Embarrassed, you grab the remaining of your clothes, including military issued underwear, a bra, and socks and turn to go back to the bathroom, struggling to hold in your coughs.