Epilogue

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

MEREDITH

I nervously ran my hands over my dress, drawing in a shaky breath as I did so.

Today, I was marrying the man of my dreams.

Chase had proposed in that same grassy field that made me fall in love with this town – the same field that I made the decision to settle down here.

Today was also the day that I would officially move out of my apartment into our new home that Chase and I had built. We wanted to start off fresh in a home that was completely ours.

Chase and I would both be putting our old places up for rent soon. It still felt so surreal that this was happening – that I'd fallen in love with a man as amazing as Chase.

Chase's mom knocked lightly on the door, smiling at me through the mirror I was facing. "It's time, hun. You ready?"

"I'm nervous," I told her. "Extremely nervous."

She gave me an understanding smile. "If it makes you feel any better, Chase is practically sweating bullets. He's nervous as well. He wants this day to be absolutely perfect for you, but he's also terrified you're going to run out of the church on him."

I laughed softly, turning to face her. "He should know me well enough by now to know that I wouldn't," I told her.

She smiled at me. "My boy loves hard when he loves someone, Meredith, and he does love you." My cheeks warmed, my heart softening. "Now, come on before you make my boy cry thinking you're not marrying him after all."

I laughed and followed her out of the room. Grayson was waiting for me, a warm smile on his face. "You look great," he told me, holding his arm out for me to take.

I laughed, my nerves easing some. "Just great?" I teased.

He flashed me a boyish grin. "Chase will have me by my—"

"Grayson!" Chase's mother lightly scolded, cutting him off. We both laughed.

Grayson gently squeezed my hand that was resting on his arm. "Don't be nervous. Chase is madly in love with you, and he's excited as hell to spend the rest of his life with you. Just breathe. This will be just as easy as everything else with him is."

"Thanks, Grayson," I whispered as the doors opened.

And there stood my groom at the end of the alter, his eyes on me.

And when he saw me, a tear rolled down his cheek.

~*~*~

I laughed as Chase spun me around before taking me back into his arms, his blue eyes twinkling with love as he gazed down at me.

"You've made me the happiest man in the world today," he told me. "Thank you."

I blushed. "No need to thank me," I assured him. "Just love me until the end of time."

He grinned. "Always, sweetheart. Even after time ends, I'll still continue to love you."

Oh, my heart.

"Are you two ever going to come cut this cake?" Farrah called out.

Chase rolled his eyes. "I thought she would become less annoying as she got older, but it seems to only get worse."

I laughed and led him over to the cake table. Together, we cut the cake, and before I knew it, Chase was smashing the piece we had just cut into my face.

I shrieked in shock, but before I could retaliate, Chase dragged my body against his and took my cake-covered lips in a sweet kiss before licking my lips clean.

"You're so gross," I laughed as he set to work swiping icing off my face.

He flashed me a classic Chase grin that was full of amusement and mischievousness. "Just wait until I finally get you home, Mrs. Warren."

My cheeks flamed red.