Chapter 13: Weapon Of Destruction

It was just a normal day.

Or that was Aphrodite thought when she saw her sister--- no, Mother lying unconsciously on her bed. The day was in the brightest of colors, but the woman she considers as her mother was pale and not breathing.

The fact that Asche, the forest nymph, asked her to be called 'sister' won't stop Aphrodite from considering Asche as her mother. She might've only met her a few days ago, but like a swan that just came out from her shell, she followed the duck.

She is her mother.

And Aphrodite loved her mother although she was more beautiful and powerful than her.

That being said...

Whoever touches Asche shall never be given mercy.

"Asche..." Aphrodite mumbled in a shaky voice. Her jeweled eyes were staring at the nymph as she gently shook her. "Wake up... The man said we are going to eat now... Wake up..."

Asche's bright green hair looked like a dead plant. Her skin was pale, and there was no sign of breathing from the nymph.

It was as if...

She is dead...

"Asche... Sister..." Aphrodite mumbled in an attempt to wake her up. "Mother... Wake up... This is not a good time to play with us..."

"Mother..."

"Mother..."

"MOM! WAKE UP!"

A surge of power escaped from her body. Her eyes were now glowing and everything around her was shaken by this. Aphrodite felt frustrated when Asche didn't respond to her.

So frustrated that she didn't realize she was using her power.

Fortunately, their new home was covered in a barrier that was created by Hephaestus. No one would be able to detect her power surge except the people inside of their house.

CLANG!

Hephaestus dropped the cup in his hands when he felt the familiar atmosphere, he quickly recognized it and came up to check the situation.

It was probably the start of Aphrodite's awakening. She's awakening her real Goddess form.

"What's happening?" Hephaestus asked as soon as he entered. His eyes darted at Aphrodite who was glowing in dazzling light.

Hephaestus was sure that the Goddess finally awakened her real power, but for some reason, she chose to remain in her child-like form.

"The Nymph..." Aphrodite mumbled the light on her started to fade as she raised her head to Hephaestus. "My Mother is not breathing."

Hephaestus paused upon hearing the news. His widened eyes glanced at the sleeping nymph, the first thing he noticed was her hair which looked like a dead plant right now.

With a staggered walk, he went close to the nymph and gently lifted her head with his big hands.

No signs of breathing, no signs of pulse, no signs of life.

"This can't be..." He mumbled while looking at her face. He gently caressed her cheeks with his fingers.

"W-what happened to my mother?" Aphrodite asked. "She was fine yesterday! Why is she like this today?"

Hephaestus remained silent.

Aphrodite had a lot of questions in her mind, but she became quiet when Hephaestus lifted the forest nymph in his arms. He quietly carried her in his without saying something.

There was no reaction on his face...

It was blank...

Dangerously blank.

••••••••••••

"Can you be more gentle?"

Aphrodite rolled her eyes when Dionysus complained to Hephaestus.

"How do you want me to slit your throat?" Hephaestus mumbled in a low voice.

Dionysus cleared his throat.

"Yes, I said I'll be more quiet," Dionysus sighed. His eyes darted at the weapon of destruction in Hephaestus' hands, he'd vanish if the Ugly god decided to use that on him. "But seriously, do you have to tie me like this?"

Hephaestus stared blankly at him.

Aphrodite doesn't know if this guy doesn't know how to read the atmosphere, or if he is just dumb. He kept poking Hephaestus on his grey areas.

He will really die today.

"Anyway, I have a serious question," Dionysus mumbled before glancing at the body of the Forest Nymph. She looked peaceful. "How did the Forest Nymph die?"

Hephaestus, who was deadly silent walked towards the Nymph. He gently caressed her pale hair with a softened look on his face.

"She is not dead, I am going to bring her back.," Hephaestus mumbled.

Dionysus glanced at the careful affection of Hephaestus for his 'Dead wife'. He just rolled his eyes at the supposed-to-be sad scene for the 'Couple'.

'THUG!'

"Ouch--!"

Aphrodite couldn't help but to kick Dionysus on his knee when she saw what he did. This stupid man kept pushing all of her buttons, maybe that is the reason why Asche was very cautious when they met him for the first time.

Dionysus stared at her with disbelief.

"You father and daughter! Why do you keep bullying a great god like me?"

"Shut up!"

"For a great god like you, you are too noisy."

Dionysus frowned.

He can't believe he was being treated like this by this duo. A lot of people and gods like him, both men and women. He can easily seduce them with his beauty and power.

But these two...

This father and daughter...

If not for the reward from Hera and Zeus, he wouldn't even step on his island and enjoy himself with his beloved liquor and women.

But truth to be told, it seems like the situation right now is very critical. Since the nymph died, Hera will surely be furious and blame him for not doing his task properly, which will put him at a disadvantage.

Not that he truly cares about Hera's anger. However, there is a much bigger problem.

Dionysus glanced at the weapon of destruction in Hephaestus' hands.

The crazy ugly god created something ominous. A weapon that could cause wars and chaos. A weapon that can kill gods, and might possibly kill even the king of Olympus, Zeus...

How ominous...

It seems like the whole Olympus was underestimating Hephaestus and his skills. Even him, Dionysus, couldn't bring to think of the craftsmanship god as someone great because of his unsightly appearance...

But looking at his creation, it seems like the ugly god-- no, Hephaestus was powerful enough to cause chaos or even the downfall of Olympus...

That being said...

Olympus should stop making him an enemy and utilize his skills... But looking at the situation right now, Dionysus shouldn't worry about Olympus.

His concern should be directed to the Underworld, the land of the dead.

•••••••

Ayooo, while Hephaestus was preparing to save Asche, Asche was having a tea time with Hades and Thanatos AHAHAHHA

Yay, first update for this year