45. Aarnav

I left her house and now it was time to face my own family

I had to let Reena know the truth, she deserves to know it. She has to know what her best friend was upto and how they ruined her mental health forever.

I was driving too fast, I wanted to reach home as soon as possible.

"Go to everyone's room and tell them to meet me in the living room, urgently." I ordered my bodyguard.

Everyone was sitting in front of me the next minute.
I was drinking water and I had calmed down now.

"You know where I paid a visit the previous day?" I asked.

"Where?" They asked together.

"Shimla..... Oberoi Mansion."

I could see the sweat on Chote Papa's forehead.

"What were you doing there?" Choti Maa asked aggressively.

"To find out the truth you have been hiding from years."  I said.

"What truth Bhaiyaa?"

"Answer me one thing." I looked at both of them.

"When was the actual time Reena started getting panic attacks?" I asked.

"She got first panic attack when she was almost three years old. But it got worse when your parents died before that it was like just once a year and we used to hide it from you." Chote Papa said.

"Why did you hide it?" I asked.

"Because your Dad didn't wanted everyone to know that his daughter was.... It would have affected the reputation of the family and of Reena too. So when your parents died and her panic attacks were very visible we made the death as a reason for the attacks and started seeking medical help."

"I see... You'll know who Aadhya was right?"

"Yes." Choti Maa said.

"Still you'll didn't warn me about anything. You'll didn't even think once that she can be here to take revenge on her missing Dad?"

"We didn't think her as a threat beta..."

"How is she not a threat?"

"What the hell is going on here? Can anyone tell me?" Reena shouted, drifting everyone's attention towards her.

I went near her and sat beside her.

"Our family and Aadhya's family were very close when we were kids but..."

"But?"

"I'll be straight, Aadhya's Dad was a pedophile and he...."

"He?"