Quietus

Dr. Loomis circles his office as he tries to create solutions to this undefeated abomination. The longer he thinks, the worse his migraine grows, and he massages his temple with no relief. This whole situation may seem out of proportion as he could be a regular serial killer, not that serial killers are ordinary. But Dr. Loomis knew better. Even while treating him, goosebumps formed on his arms in his presence. Whenever he looked into his eyes, all he saw was a dark void, not showing signs of life or compassion for the lives of others. This fear touched his very soul to the point where he became his villain, his monster, his obsession. He knew he couldn't possibly be human, not with his inhumane strength and apathy.

In every life, he met him, and he tried to stop him. At first, he didn't believe in such a fictitious narrative. But the first time he looked into his eyes, he knew he'd met him before. He knew what he had to do. Many wonder if he knew this, why didn't he kill him earlier? The answer is simple and extremely selfish. Dr. Loomis wanted to study him for as long as possible and learn how this evil was created. He's a psychiatrist first before anything. His mind ponders the questions of life, existence, and human connection. He had to dissect every aspect of Michael, or else he'd go crazy if he hadn't already. However, now that he escaped, he knew there would be no point in retrieving him. It's far too dangerous, and the casualties outweigh any benefits. Michael Myers has to die.

How? Bullets are merely pebbles when shot at him, and his body heals too fast. How do you kill a monster? Dr. Loomis asked himself this question long before his escape. Finally, he found a solution to finish him off for good. This time everyone will go home, and the boogeyman will never return.

Michael's Pov

Michael continued looking for his sister during the chilly night. He knew time was short since the longer he took, the night would come closer to an end. At this moment, she could be anywhere, and he needed to finish this. He walked down the streets before seeing a glimpse of Laurie for only a second. He tilts his head, and he starts following her, stalking her. She was running as if this was a game of cat and mouse. Did she see him? He continued following her, and then she ran into a small field near some houses. He kept his steady pace until he heard a voice behind him. Michael quickly turned around, and standing before him was Dr. Loomis. He looks back, and Laurie is long gone. This was a trap.

"Don't move. It's for your own good." Michael stands still as he listens to what his previous psychiatrist has to say. "It's been a while...I've been looking for you." Michael doesn't react to his words and instead stares at him blankly. "You know...I didn't want it to come to this...but I had to. What's wrong with you, Michael? Why do you kill people? Why are you like this?" Silence is the only sound present in the field. "I have been asking that question for a long time. But now that I really think about it...the answer doesn't matter, does it?" He seems confused by his change of mindset. It doesn't? Without hearing his reply, Dr. Loomis answers his question. "No, it doesn't. It doesn't matter why, Michael. All that matters is that you need to go. You can't be around other people. You're dangerous. You couldn't even be locked up without escaping. So I'm afraid this is your last Halloween."

Dr. Loomis points his gun and shoots him, but Michael grabs his arm and squeezes it until he loses his grip. Despite his wound, he grabs his shirt and lifts the doctor into the air, holding him up with one arm. "I knew you would do that, b-but this is a bad idea." Michael shakes him, waiting for an explanation of his statement. "I saw you with someone earlier. You killed a guy bothering them, but you didn't kill them. I don't know who they are or your relationship with them, but I'll kill them if you kill me." He pulls out his phone and shows a message giving those orders to the police. Instantly, Dr. Loomis is dropped to the floor. He is surprised since he didn't think that would work; it was just a lucky gamble. He steps back and looks at Michael, who has an unreadable expression. There was something more than his usual emptiness glimmering in his eyes, but he didn't know what it was.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕 (𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍 𝑴𝒚𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓) 🎉