flight of the fallen.

thisismetryiing filmsbykelso

    DISTRICT SIX WAS a joke.

   An easy, weak target for the other districts. A complete, utter circus for the Capitol to jeer at. As the district responsible for transportation, the tributes never had much of a chance. They never learned any valuable skills for The Hunger Games—unless loading carts, standing still and looking at the passing scenery counted. The hovercraft, high-speed trains and the cargo coaches used by Panem all came from District Six, but that didn't give them any advantage.

   It wasn't helpful that the majority of the people there were doped up on morphling, either.

   As a lower-middle class district, and the sixth most impoverished, it should be impossible to get the drug. It was illegal, in fact. Completely against the law. So how the hell were all these people too high to help themselves?

   It was genius, actually. District Six was humongous; the population was around 785,000—definitely the biggest district in Panem. In that way, they were not the least bit weak. They had strength in numbers, essentially a huge army waiting to rebel, and since they often travelled to other districts to drop off cargo, they had the very rare knowledge of the workings of the other districts. Since everything the Capitol needed came from District Six, one strategic bomb placed on the railroads would lead to a complete cut in all of their resources. The district was quite threatening, actually.

   So, what did the Capitol do?

   Drug them all up, of course! Morphling gave a severe physical toll on the ones who used it—completely destroying their bodies, leaving their skin sagging and yellow, not one lick of strength in their bones. It also had a great calming effect, dulling the extremes of all emotions, and the district couldn't rebel if they had no motivation to, could they?

   The Capitol had sedated them, created slaves, then turned their back without one ounce of concern about a rebellion.

   Until Sacha Transit was reaped for the 72nd Hunger Games.

   The thing about Sacha was that, realistically, as a tribute from District Six, she should've died. She should've stepped off of her plate at the cornucopia and been slaughtered in the bloodbath. But that didn't happen. No, it definitely did not, because Sacha was crowned victor and she had the possibility to cause all sorts of trouble.

   Sacha was highly knowledgeable. She loved to collect information, whether it be from books, word of mouth or whatever propaganda the Capitol aired on TV. She knew she didn't have any inherent skills...so she created them.

   This is where she developed her charm. She was fourteen when reaped—the second youngest ever—and immediately gained an immense following in the Capitol from how delightful she was. Young, little Sacha gushed and cried and smiled and giggled her way through her interview with Caesar Flickerman, boasting of her talents, playing oh-so-well with the audience that it was hard not to love her. She gained lots of sponsors (everyone loved an underdog, didn't they?) and with her extensive knowledge, she lasted until the very end; waiting out the other tributes and playing nice for the cameras.