Betrayal

My heart raced with excitement as I approached my boyfriend Troen's apartment. I wanted to surprise him because I just got back from New York and he doesn't know it yet.

It's been a while since I left to study abroad, I can't wait to see him. I'm excited!

I was holding a bottle of wine and a cake, I envisioned the joyous surprise I was about to do. Recording the moment on my phone, I approached the door with anticipation.

I knocked twice but I was met with silence. Intrigued, I tried the doorknob and, to my surprise, it wasn't locked. The room echoed with loud music, drowning any other sounds. As i placed the cake and wine on the counter, I hesitated when I heard an unsettling noise accompanied the music – moaning and groaning.

My heart pounded in my chest as I strained to confirm what i was hearing. Unable to deny it, I stood frozen for a moment, then gathered the courage to open the door. The room wasn't locked either.

Eyes teary, I slowly pushed the door ajar, revealing a scene that shattered my world. There, in bed, was Troen – my beloved boyfriend, doing god knows what with another woman. To my disbelief, that woman turned out to be my best friend, Nicole.

Yes, my best friend of 10 years! Of all people,  It was HER.

Speechless, tears streamed down my cheeks as the painful reality unfolded before me.

Troen jumped out of bed, and my best friend, Nicole, cowered beneath the blankets.

Overwhelmed with emotions, I fled from the room, sobs echoing through the corridor.

"Adiya, wait," Troen pleaded, his voice filled with panic.

I kept walking fast as if I didn't hear anything but then I felt a hand grabbed my shoulders.

It was Troen, he hugged me tightly, begging me to stay.

"Adiya, please let me explain." Troen pleaded, still hugging me tightly.

"Let go of me." My body tensed, my heart still pounding as I struggled to break free from his embrace.

He was too strong that I ended up giving up. When he was holding me, I just felt numb.

"Are you done?" I asked, a mix of anger and hurt in my voice.

"You disgust me." i said, my tears blurred my vision, and my hands trembled as the weight of betrayal sank in

As soon as he heard it, his grip loosens and I got away from his embrace.

"Adiya..please. Please let me explain." he pleaded again.

"Explained what?"  I asked coldly.

"I'm sorry." he said and broke down infront of me.

The nerve. Where did he get the nerve to breakdown when he's the one who cheated?

"I thought you're going to explain, why are you crying?" I said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry it was an accident, Adi..pleaaase!" He said, still sobbing

"Accident? You're doing a miracle with my best friend and that's your excuse?" I said with a bitterness in my tone and sarcastically laugh.

He tried to hold my hand but I took a step back.

I recoiled at his touch, a mix of repulsion and anger coursing through me. "I can't believe you still think you have any right to touch me after what you've done."

"Don't you dare touch me anymore." I said, warning him .

My mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions. Betrayal, anger, and sadness collided within me, making it hard to process his words.

"How long... how long have you been cheating on me with my best friend?" My voice quivered, desperation and pain etched into every word, as if hoping he'd reveal a different truth.

Troen's gaze faltered, avoiding my eyes, and his hesitation only fueled my rising anger. "Adiya, it's not... it's not what you think."

"Don't play games with me, Troen. I walked into our home and found you sleeping with her. How long has this been going on?" The air thickened with my frustration, a storm of emotions raging inside me.

Troen swallowed hard, guilt written across his face. "It... it didn't start until a few months ago. I never meant for it to happen."

My heart sank. A few months? The realization hit me like a tidal wave – betrayal had been festering in the shadows while I was away. "While I was gone? And with Nicole?" I could barely choke out her name, the bitterness coating my words.

"I never meant to hurt you, Adiya. It just... it happened," Troen stammered, but his words were feeble attempts at justification. What a jerk.

"How could you?" Anguish and anger intertwined in my voice. "I trusted you, Troen. And Nicole, my supposed best friend. How could you both betray me like this?"

Troen, unable to bear the weight of my gaze, struggled to find words, wishing he could turn back time to undo the damage. In that moment, the silence spoke louder than any words – the trust we once shared shattered, becoming irreparable and forever changed.

"Please....I really didn't mean to do it, I was drunk, Adi...Please, I'm sorry." He pleaded again, tears streaming down his face.

Drunk...not this damn excuse again. He's unbelievable.

"Being drunk is not an excuse, Troen. It's a choice you made, and you chose to betray me and destroy everything we had. Your apologies won't mend the trust you shattered. You said it was an accident but it's been going on before fee months now. There's no coming back from this."

With a heavy heart, I turned away from Troen, leaving his apologies hanging in the air.

Walking away from that painful scene, Troen's voice faded into the distance as I continued down the corridor, leaving behind the place that held our memories,now tainted by his betrayal.

As I stepped out into the night, tears still streaming down my face, I knew that healing would take time, but I was determined to become stronger from the pain and betrayal. I will rebuild my life without him.