Out The Door

You collapse onto the bed. Feeling more exhausted than you thought possible. Grim flops to the floor. "I'm wiped out. I can't walk another step..."

   You run a hand through your hair. "I don't think everyone can take much more of this. They're ready to mutiny against Kalim."

   "I'm at my own limit too, y'know!" Grim indignantly folds his arms. "I don't wanna spend another second in this prison. I'm pooped and ready to pass out, but I've still got my trusty spoon. I'm gonna finish diggin' that hole tonight!"

Grim pulls out the spoon from its hiding spot and keeps digging at the hole. After a lot of digging, Grim perks up.

"Whoa! Y/N! Hey, Y/N! Look." Grim gets your attention. "The hole finally reaches the other side of the door! I couldn't get it too big, but hey. They say as long as you can get your head through a hole, the rest follows easy enough."

You quirk an eye skeptically. "I'm not so sure about that."

"I'll go through and unlock the door. Now, let's get this show on the road!"

After a lot of struggling, Grim manages to squeeze through. "I finally made it out of that stupid room."

"Can you let me out please?"

"Oh, right."

You hear Grim trying to reach the door handle until finally you hear a click and the door opens.

"Thank you, Grim."

Grim proudly smirks. "Told ya I was a genius."

You grab your bag and quietly sneak down the hall with Grim beside you. Grim tiptoes. "Okay, let's get back to Ramshackle Dorm while we can. Just gotta be niiice and quiet..."

A loud growl emits from Grim's stomach.

"Mrow!"

"Grim!"

"Ah, crud! I was diggin' so hard there, it made me hungry..."

You hear students coming your way. "What was that earth-shaking noise just now?"

"It came from the Ramshackle students' room!"

"Whuh-oh." Grim eyes widen. "We're in trouble now!"

You scoop Grim in your arms and run down the hall.

"What do you think you're doing there?"

Grim glances over your shoulder. "Myah, they found us!"

"We've got runners! After them!"

"If they catch us, it's back to the life of a prisoner! Cheese it!" Grim orders.

"What do you think I'm doing?" You try to run faster.

You round a corner and run down another hall. Geez this place is a maze. Spotting the first door closest to you, you dive in and close the doors. You dare not to breath as your pursuers stop outside the room you're in.

"Where'd they go? Split up and find them!"

"Show yourselves, street rats!"

You hear their footsteps fade and you let out the breath you were holding.

Grim sighs with relief. "I think they're gone."

"It's only a matter of time before they find us though." You set Grim down to the floor.

"Maaan..." Grim kicks at the ground. "There's gotta be some way to lose those guys! What room is this, anyway? It's too dark to see anything."

You feel something soft against your legs. "Uhh, Grim? Did you just brush against my leg?"

"No. Use that smartphone of yours to give us some light."

You rummage through your bag and pull out your phone. You hit the flashlight button. You bring a hand to your mouth as you jump back from something floating in front of front of you. You let out a sigh when you see it's just the magic carpet.

"Whoa, geez!" Grim says to the carpet. "You scared the daylights outta me! I was about to scream and everything."

The carpet bows, almost looking as if it's saying sorry. You laugh. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault."

The carpet perks up and swirls around you happily.

Grim looks around with his paws on his hips. "This is Kalim's treasury, huh? They don't lock up the treasure? Ooh, that's it!" Grim looks to the carpet. "If you help us, we can shake off the patrols and get outside!"

The carpet tilts to the side questioningly.

"I'll let you out if you carry us outta the dorm!" Grim wagers.

The carpet nods eagerly and lowers to the ground.

"Great." Grim hops on. "All aboard, Y/N! And goodbye, Scarabia!"

   As soon as you sit on the carpet, it takes off and bursts through the doors. It flys down the hallway and past the Scarabia students.

   "WOO-HOO! We made it! See ya, suckers!" Grim taunts. "FREEDOOOOOM!

   "Look over there! They're riding the housewarden's magic carpet!"

   "First they break out, then they rob us? The housewarden will never let us hear the end of it if he finds out!"

   "We have to seize them! Hold it right there, thieves!"

   You shout through the lounge and out through the balcony into the night sky. You soar high into the clouds and away from the dorm.

   "If you wanna catch us, try learnin' to fly first!" Grim chuckles.

   You look to the ground. "Uhh, how do you fly this thing?"

   "Let's see." Grim crawls to the edge. "I think Kalim took hold of the corner tassels and tugged at 'em like this..."

   The carpet spins in circles and plummets to the ground. You shut your eyes and cling onto the carpet tightly.

   "Myah!" Grim cries out. "We're gonna die! I'm going to throw up, then we're gonna to die!"

   "Not helping, Grim!" You shout.

   "Hey!" Grim yells to the carpet. "Less with the three hundred sixty, more with the fly quickly!"

   The carpet can't seem to control itself as it keeps spinning directly to the ground.

   "Someone make it stooop!"Grim pleads.

   You take both tassels and pull up right before you hit the ground. The carpet stops spinning and flys directly to the dorm mirror.

   Grim clings to your arm. "We're gonna crash right into the mirror!"

   The carpet bursts through the mirror. The carpet is going too fast that it zooms through the Hall of Mirrors and flys straight into another mirror. The carpet is flying so fast, everything goes past you in a blur.

   The carpet crashes into a table and sends you flying, landing hard on the floor. You groan.

   That could've gone better...