twelve.

012 ⎯⎯⎯ the going merry.

   "Seems heavy," I grin as I watch Zoro struggle to lift the gate.

   Luffy places a statue under it to prop it open and Zoro turns to glare at me. I shrug, kicking the doors open and ducking under the gate.

   I glance around the huge corridor, "let's split up."

   Luffy nods, starting up the stairs.

   I go down the nearest hallway, taking several twists and turns in hopes of finding someone, Nami or Kaya. I turn down another hallway, finding myself back at the main entrance.

   What the hell?

   "Sora?"

   I look up, Zoro standing across from me.

   "I guess we both got lost."

   At the sound of creaking floor boards I look up, the server from earlier, Buchi I think, coming around the corner. He has on a cape that drags on the floor and a cat mask.

   I snicker, "you're kidding me."

   He glares at me, "you should've stayed in that well."

   I make my way to Zoro's side, drawing out one of his swords, "yeah that was pretty fucked up."

   I turn the blade over in my hand, "so what do you say you get a taste of your own medicine?"

   He charges at me. I glitch to the other side of him, allowing him and Zoro to engage in combat. At the sound of a hiss I whip around, finding the maid behind me.

   God they need a new wardrobe.

   I dodge her attempts at swings, glitching backwards as a grin itches my face. God I haven't been in a sword fight in a bit. Especially with someone this strange.

   I slice my sword through her upper arm and she cries out in pain. I take this opportunity to kick her across the face, chuckling as she hits the floor.

   "Come onnnn," I bounce on my toes, "I thought you guys were supposed to be pirates."

   I turn to Zoro. The man he was fighting is on the ground and his white sword is drawn. I raise a brow, I didn't expect for him to have to draw that sword.

   Though I did take his other one, oops.

   He starts over to me and stops by my side, looking down at me. "Looks like you didn't have too much trouble."

   I smoke, looking up at him, "same for you, good job."

   At the sound of footsteps I turn around, watching as Usopp, Kaya, Nami, and Luffy come down the steps. I narrow my eyes at Usopp.

   I never much liked cowards.

   "Sorry about the mess," Zoro apologizes to Kaya, "you probably need some new staff."

   Kaya looks shaken, "I think I'm done with staff for a bit."

   "Too bad we can't collect their bounty-"

   I roll my eyes, "so greedy."

   "The marines already know where we are. We have to get out of here," Nami interjects.

   "Where are we gonna go? We don't even have a ship."

   "Yes..."

   I turn to Kaya, my eyes wide.

   "Yes you do."

* * *

   "Wow, that looks just like your lawyer friend."

   I tilt my head at the front of the ship, I guess he's kind of right.

   "Merry ran the shipyard after my parents passed," Kaya frowns, "he was their dearest colleague, my oldest companion."

   "Then his memory will live on. I hereby name this ship, the going merry!"

   Kaya smiles, "it's yours now, your new home."

   "Thank you Kaya."

   Luffy sucks in a deep breath, "woohoo!"

   He runs over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a hug, "we did it!"

   I stiffen, pursing my lips until he releases me.

   He then runs over to Usopp, leaving me standing beside Zoro and Nami. I sigh, "I guess it turned out fine in the end."

   Nami rolls her eyes, "that stupid bet."

   "Hey," Zoro nods over to where Luffy and Usopp are standing. "I think we're getting a new member of the crew."

   I watch as Usopp and Kaya talk, Luffy watching them with a grin on his face.

   I nod, they're definitely going to kiss.

   Their lips meet.

   Fireworks, or something like that.

* * *

   "Sora."

   I look up from my drink, meeting eyes with Zoro. He makes his way into the kitchen and takes a seat beside me on the bench.

   "What is it?"

   "What you said earlier," he hums, "how would I know?"

   I glance up at him, "what're you talking about?"

   "Trusting people...how do you know?"

   My eyes widen slightly. I look down at my hands, shrugging, "I don't know. I've only ever trusted one person."

   "Your dad?"

   I nod.

   "Are you ever gonna tell us what happened?"

   "I just-"

   I'm cut off at the sound of a crash, the ship rocking and throwing to the end of the bench. I jump up, "we're under attack!"

   Me and Zoro run out to the deck, running into Usopp, Luffy, and Nami. Everyone seems just as confused as we are. We've literally been on the water not even a day.

   What the hell?

   "What's happening?!"

   "Marines! We're under attack!"

   Luffy extends his spyglass, looking into it. His brows furrow in confusion as he stares at the ship currently attacking us.

   "Grandpa?"

   You're kidding.