Chapter 11

After lunch, Freen returned to her studies for the day. Throughout the day she couldn't help but think of the beautiful girl that was now her maiden. She was proud of herself for standing up to her mother and getting her way but knew she had to prove to her mother that she had made the correct decision.

Freen pictured what it might be like to have the beautiful girl as her friend and what it would be like to finally be able to interact with someone in this big lonely castle. Although she knew her mother would forbid her to ever befriend a servant, she would not let that stop her. She also wondered why the young girl would choose to spend her youth as a servant instead of starting a career. It must have been hard to leave her family behind and give up a few years of her life to be a servant. This peaked an interest in Freen and she hoped she would get an opportunity to find an answer to all of these questions soon.

Later that evening Freen remained in her room preparing to turn in for the night. She had just finished her bath and stood in the bathroom with nothing but a small white towel wrapped around her body. She had tied her hair up in a messy bun and she wore a set of cute white slippers. The bedroom was dark except for a dim light coming from a few candles scattered throughout the room filling the air with a scent of white tulips. She began making her way to her wardrobe to fetch a nightgown for the night although usually around this time Rosemary had set her clothes by the bed and closed the window's curtains.

As she walked into her bedroom she was startled by a small figure near her bed. With a loud shriek, she grasped at the small towel around her torso attempting to cover as much as she could. Equally startled, the figure ran to the curtains nearby and hid behind. Confused by the figure's timid reaction, Freen looked towards the curtains with a confused look. She began to make her way towards the curtain and reached out to uncover the being hiding behind.

Much to her surprise she found a small timid girl covering her eyes and shaking. She looked down at the girl before her and began to remove the girl's hands from the her face. With her index finger she slowly placed it under the girl's chin and pushed her head up to face her. A small smile formed as Freen recognized the girl's face as her new maiden.

She was more beautiful up-close, even more than the first time Freen saw her. The moonlight lit up her small face and her rosy lips lay half open in a surprised look. She looked different with her uniform on, but none the less she was stunning in Freen's eyes. She had the strongest urge to lean forward and taste those lips on hers and explore the girl's mouth.

After a minute of tension between them, Freen shook off her urges and broke the silence. "What are you doing?" she said dropping her hand and walking towards her bed. She awaited as Becky made her way forward towards the door and stopped to reply with her head down. "I'm sorry Princess, I did not mean to startle you. I was simply preparing your bed wear when I was startled by your scream."
Freen looked away a little embarrassed that she was so easily frightened and said, "Yes, I was not expecting you to be hiding in the dark. I do not like ghost you know and you looked like a ghost standing there. You should be more careful scaring people like that."
Becky continued to look down at her hands before her as she nodded in acknowledgement.

"I apologize Princess, I will be more careful. Now if you if you excuse me I will dismiss myself." As Becky began to walk away she was stopped by Freen's reply. "Wait. I have not dismissed you." Becky stopped in her tracks and turned to look towards the Princess. Her face became red at the sight of the Princess in her bath towel and turned her gaze down. "My apologies Princess. Will you require anything else for the night?" Becky asked.

Freen pondered a moment looking for a good excuse to keep the girl in her room longer. "What is your name again?" she asked stalling. "My name is Becky Armstrong your highness." She replied daring to look at Freen's eyes. "You're pretty young to be a servant aren't you?" Freen questioned hoping to gain some knowledge about the girl's background. "Yes ma'am." She replied. "Will your family not miss you being here for so long?" She asked.
Becky looked down at her hands and hesitated to reply. "Well..."

'Knock, Knock'

"There you are child." Rosemary said addressing Becky as she walked in. "I thought you might have gotten lost. Excuse us Princess, she is still learning the ropes. Will you be requiring anything else before we retire for the night?" Rosemary asked Freen. Freen looked away as if she had been caught doing something she should not have and began to walk towards her bed.

"No you are both dismissed. I was just getting my gown." She replied as she picked up the silk black night gown. "Very well, come along now child. Good night Princess." Rosemary motioned for Becky to follow her. "Good night Princess." Becky said in a quiet tone as she bowed and hurried to follow behind Rosemary. She quickly glanced behind her one more time to look at Freen as she closed the door behind her.

Freen felt a rush of something she could not put her finger on. She was happy she got a chance to talk to Becky even if it was only for a while. She was so excited to talk to her she did not even feel that embarrassed that she caught her only in her bath towel. She wondered if the girl really had blushed to see her in that state or if it was just embarrassment from being caught hiding behind the curtains. Freen did not know, but she hoped to find out soon.