proceedings and grievences

(Lord of the tides- episode 8. The other events of the episode are in the next chapter).

Shaera found Rhaenys in the garden.

"Good morrow Rhaenys",

"Good morrow Shaera, tis nice to have a face I don't loath".

"I had not realised how being here again would feel so...",

"Different", Rhaenys concluded. Rhaenyra approached them.

"Aunt Shaera, I wondered if I could speak with Rhaenys?",

"Very well, I'm going to go find my husband".

In the morn, the proceedings began. Daemon, Shaera and their older children entered. Rodrik and Visenya were with the nursemaids then Rhaenyra and Harwin followed with their sons.

"Though it is hoped that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we are gathered with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As hand I speak for the king on this and all matters",

"My queen, my lord hand. The history of our noble houses extends past the seven kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. When the doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing should they fail it would mean the end of their bloodlines and their names. I have spent my entire life defending my brothers seat, I am Lord corlyss closest kin and his own blood. The true unimpeachable blood of house Velaryon runs through my veins",

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you truly cared for the future of your house you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only care for yourself and your own ambitions", Rhaenyra interrupted.

"You will have the chance to petition for your son princess Rhaenyra, do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard", Alicent chimed before backing into herself under Shaera's hateful stare.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and still you would not see a difference.  I humbly put myself forward as my brothers successor and the next Lord of the tides".

"Coward", Baelon coughed out.

"Princess Rhaenyra. You may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon",

"If I am to grace this farce I wish to start by reminding the court that in this very-".

"King Viserys of House Targaryen. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the first men. Protector of the realm and lord of the seven kingdoms". His weakened state made it difficult for him to walk but he would do it for her, for Rhaenyra. Viserys struggled to the throne but made it, he stopped at the stairs, his crown slipped from his head. Daemon and Shaera swiftly moved to Viserys' aid.

"I do not need-". He cut himself off seeing them. Daemon picked up the crown whilst Shaera helped Viserys up the steps.

"I will sit the throne today".

"That means move Otto", Shaera snapped to the stunned man. Viserys sat as Daemon placed the crown on his head.

"I must admit my confusion as to why there are petitions being heard over a settled succession. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys Velaryon the future master of Driftmark and the next Lord of the tides",

"You may run your house as you see fit but you will not decide the future of mine. You break age old traditions to install your daughter as heir and then stand to tell me who will inherit Driftmark, I will not allow it".

"Allow it? Lucerys is my true born grandson and you, no more than the second son of Driftmark. Although, the only one who could offer keener insight into Lord Corlys' wishes is the princess Rhaenys", Viserys wheezed, every breathe catching in his throat as he overlooked the court, looking at the faces he knew he would leave behind soon enough. 

"Indeed, your grace. If it was ever my husbands desire that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his son, Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed, nor did my support of him. In fact, Princess Rhaenyra has informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luce to Lord Corlys' granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena".

"A most wonderful prospect",

"My house survived the doom and a thousand tribulations besides, I will not see it ended on account of this-".

"This what? Ser Vaemond", Shaera questioned.

"Her children are BASTARDS, their true father stands amongst you. Princess Rhaenyra is a whore that is constantly  defended by that most vile woman", Vaemond pointed  to Shaera and Harwin, without noticing Daemon lurking behind him.

"I will have your tongue for that", Viserys gasped as he stood pointing his dagger Vaemond. Daemon swung Dark sister beheading Vaemond, blood sprayed the floor.

"He can keep his tongue".

The crowd watched shocked at the event and again when Shaera kicked the head over to the greens. Alicent felt sick to stomach, the violence was nauseating.

"Disarm him!", Otto shouted.

"No need". Daemon stated wiping the blood on his clothes before going over to Shaera grabbing her hand.His wife, his flame his true queen, a queen with neither a crown nor kingdom but the most powerful piece on the board. God help anybody who disrespected his queen. Shaera had all her mothers beauty but none of her nature

"Viserys, my good brother perhaps a compromise is on order. Lucerys is still young and needs time to prepare for his role that he will greatly fulfill when he must", Shaera quelled.

"Indeed. Let it be known that Prince Lucerys is and always will be the heir to Driftmark and the Driftwood throne when he turns of age and is readily prepared to ascend, for now Princess Rhaenys will fulfill the role if Lord Corlys passes". Viserys announced before everyone dispersed from the throne room. Vaemond's body was removed and given to the silent sisters. Alyssa, Aemma and Baelon went with Jace and Luce to wander around the castle.

Meanwhile Daemon took Shaera to their chamber. They had barely closed the door before their lips were on each other, devouring each other in their shared affection. He lifted her in his arms, one of her hands lay on his neck as the other pulled his hair. Shaera felt her back touch the soft bed as Daemon hovered over her, the tingling of her lips as he kissed her until they were breathless. Their carnal desires took ahold as they undressed each other hurriedly. Daemon's face nestled into her shoulder as he kissed up to the bottom of her ear before gently biting the ear lobe as his fingers found where she wanted him most. Shaera moaned with pleasure whilst Daemon's voice sounded in her ear.

"I cannot wait to see you swell with our child once more, my flame". Shaera pulled his hair tightly so he looked down at her. She hummed breathlessly as his fingers continued to drive into her wet folds. She kissed Daemon, biting his lip drawing blood before pulling away as the metallic taste lingered in their mouths.

"Anything for you my dear husband". She whined at the loss of contact when he removed his fingers until he pushed his cock into her, that fulfilled feeling washed over Shaera as her back arched towards him, their hips colliding with every thrust. Daemon placed his hand on her throat as he drove himself further inside of her. Shaera came with a moan as Daemon kept going until he filled her with his seed. They stayed for a moment, peaceful silence filled the room until he pulled out of her. Their bodies sweaty and satisfied as they laid in bed, limbs everywhere, impossible to tell whose was whose.

"Do we have to go to dinner? Why can't we just stay here and fuck until the sun comes up?",

"Because your brother requested it. I don't know why he thinks we will make peace with those dreadful people but I fear he may not have long left in this world. It saddens me that he may not get to see Rodrik and Visenya and Rhaenyra's boys grow up, Viserys won't get to see his legacy so we shall spend the remaining time he has in his company".

"Very well. Let us get ready to face the wild",

"Do not think that just because we have to be in their presence that we will not come back and fuck till the day is new". Shaera kissed him again before getting up, Daemon watched her curved figure walk to where her dress hung on the changing stand. They readied themselves before leaving the comforts of their chambers.

The Pyre for a heroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara