Chapter 10

Harper lay on the couch as her body felt weak. Whatever Mo has must have transferred to her because she feels like she got hit by a train. Her whole body especially her throat hurt. A knock on her door made her groan. She did not want to talk to anyone right now.

Forcefully she got off the couch and made her way to the door. She was a little surprised to see Scott standing there. Did they have a tutoring session planned that she forgot about? "Hey," Scot said taking in her appearance, "Are you all right?"

"No," Harper choked out with her scratchy voice, "I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

"Can I come in?" Scott asked.

"Enter at your own risk," Harper said walking back over to lay on the couch.

"I heard about what happened at Dante's," Scott said.

"Yeah, that was a mess," Harper said, "Ray is a jerk."

"Yeah he is," Scott agreed, "Look I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What?" Harper asked still lying on the couch.

"This is kind of a serious conversation," Scott said. Harper sat up on the couch looking at Scott.

"Okay...you're kind of scaring me," Harper laughed. The laughing made her start to cough.

"Are you sure you're all right?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. I think it's just a cold," Harper said.

"Look, I know this probably isn't the best time to bring this up," Scott said making Harper grow more worried about what he was going to say, "For the longest time I was hung up on my relationship with Mo and I felt like that was what I wanted. It wasn't until I talked to her that I realized there was someone else in my life that I was falling for."

"What does that have to do with me?" Harper asked still confused.

"Over the past few months, I've gotten to know you and I've really enjoyed that. I feel like I can be myself around you more than anyone in my life," Scott said, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like you." Harper sat there staring at Scott. She had no idea what to say. Yeah, he'd been acting weird the past few tutoring sessions but she never thought it was because he liked her. "Are you going to say anything?"

Harper opened her mouth to try and say something but nothing came out. Her phone started ringing breaking her from her daze. She picked it up seeing Stella's contact. "Hello?"

"We have an emergency," Stella said, "I'm right in front of the school. You need to get here, hurry!" Harper hung up the phone standing from the couch.

"Where are you going?" Scott asked.

"Emergency. Stella needs me," Harper said.

"Harper you're sick," Scott said, "You don't need to be going out."

"I'll be fine," the girl waved him off.

"So we're just not gonna talk about this?" Scott asked.

"I don't even know what to say," Harper admitted.

"Well, do you feel the same way?" Scott asked.

"Yes. No. I don't know," Harper said, "You can't just come to my house and tell me you like me and expect an answer straight away. There are things I have to consider. You used to date one of my best friends."

"Mo doesn't care," Scott said, "She's the one who made me realize that I liked you."

"I can't do this right now," Harper said, "I have to get to the school."