The Narnians had gathered around and were shouting. "All this horn proves is that they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik exclaimed.

"I didn't steal anything," Caspian protested.

The minotaur glared at Caspian. "Didn't steal anything? Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes!" Windmade cried.

"Our freedom!" a faun yelled.

"Our lives!" the Narnians exclaimed.

Caspian frowned. "You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?"

"Accountable... and punishable!" Nikabrik replied.

Reepicheep made his voice known. "That's words from you, dwarf. Or have you forgotten that it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"

Nikabrik retorted, "And I'd gladly do it again if it would rid us of these barbarians!"

Trufflehunter stated, "Then we are lucky it is not in your power to bring her back. Or do you want us to ask this boy to go against Aslan?"

The shouting resumed and Trufflehunter continued, "Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was king."

Nikabrik glared at Caspian. "He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?"

"Because I can help you," Caspian told them. "Beyond these woods, I am a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine. Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us."

"It is true," Glenstorm said. "The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as it is yours to remember, badger. Tarva, the Lord of Victory, and Alambil, the Lady of Peace have met, and here a son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom."

"Is it possible?" Patterwig asked. "Do you really think there could be peace? Do you? I mean, really?"

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals, or dwarves, or centaurs. Yet, here you are... in strength and numbers we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magical or not, it brought us together. And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours," Caspian said, attempting to persuade them.

Glenstorm said, "If you will lead us, then my sons and I offer you our swords."

Reepicheep held up his sword. "And we offer you our lives... unreservedly." He bowed.

"Miraz' army will not be far behind, sire," Trufflehunter warned.

Caspian gave him a small nod. "If we are to be ready for them, we must hurry to find soldiers and weapons. I am sure they will be here soon."

GORGE

The group reached the bridge and hid from the Telmarines, watching them. They were cutting down trees and building a bridge as they prepared for battle.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way after all," Susan whispered.

They made their way back to the gorge and Peter turned to Lucy. "Where do you think you saw Aslan?"

Lucy frowned at her brother. "I wish you'd all stop acting like grown-ups. I didn't think I saw Aslan, I did see him." She turned away.

"I am a grown-up," Trumpkin stated.

Lucy spun around. "It was right over..."

The ground collapsed under her feet and she let out a scream. Everyone rushed over to her. "...here," Lucy finished.