epilogue: of a life through memories

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

DRESS
(( — DEAD POETS SOCIETY — ))

—epilogue. of a life though memories

tw: mention of death and grief

𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞,
𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐢 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫,
𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

billsgate cemetery, london, england, summer 2019

HARRY BREDSTON had not been silent most days of his life, but now, as he watched the coffin of his wife being lowered into the ground, there was not a single sound escaping his lips.

the suit was aching in every part of his body, only hiding how he was truly feeling, keeping him together, before it was finally his time to fall apart. his lips were dry as he gently slid his finger over them. fingers that were just as close to death as his wife had been.

"my dearest condolences" a brown haired man shook harry's hand. he was wearing a black suit and his warm brown eyes looked familiar, it took him some time to recognize charlie dalton's boy.

"neil" harry said just as pleased as surprised "i did not count on you being here"

neil smiled friendly, before he nodded. "you were a great friend of my parents, i thought it would be a nice gesture"

"thank you, my boy" harry patted neil's shoulder "who are these young ladies?" he pointed behind the man, smiling at the new arrivals

"this is claire, my wife. she is knox and chris overstreet's daughter" neil introduced the red headed woman. she was wearing an elegant black dress and looked at him with a sympathetic look in her eyes

"ah" harry nodded in recognition "i remember your father"

"and that is our daughter, lori" neil pointed to the small girl. she couldn't have been older than eleven. her hair was long and golden, her eyes shimmered brown and her smile was contagious. she reminded harry too much of someone he had once known.

harry bend down to take a closer look at the young girl "seems like she comes right after the girl she was named after" he looked up at neil "i believe that is what you did"

neil nodded and harry could see a hint of sadness fly over his features. "it's been a few years"

"tell me, how is your father, neil?"

"he died not long after my mother, sir" neil explained sadly "i believe you were back in america at that time, i would've called, but i wasn't sure how"

"i'm very sorry to hear that neil"

"he died of a broken heart" claire added "just a few months after nana, he could not live without her" she bowed her head to look at her daughter

harry followed her eyes and was again astonished over the similarity between lori and her grandmother.

"well" harry said finally, as he picked a few roses from the bouquet in his hand "please tell them my greetings"