421 - 430

Chapter 421 - The Zheng Family

After that fateful makeover day, Wei Lan and Jiang Ying Yue started spending more time together, especially since Iris and Jin Liwei were always so busy working. Wei Lan would take Jiang Ying Yue out in her new outfits to help build her confidence around other people outside.

Sometimes when the weather was nice, they also brought Little Jun with them accompanied by his nanny and several of the younger staff. Of course, he also wore the most fashionable little outfits bought by his new Grandma Wei Lan.

Wei Lan would never get caught together with people in frumpy outfits, so everyone in the household staff also got mini-makeovers and updated their wardrobes. Even the cats. Now their collars changed every single day. Sometimes, Popcorn wore mini-hoodies and even tuxedoes. As for Ice Cream, she hated wearing any clothes, barely tolerating having her collars changed.

The big grey cat still didn't like Wei Lan, but at least she no longer hissed at her. In contrast, Popcorn loved everyone as long as they were nice to him and his family.

Wei Lan advised everyone on their fashion choices. It was one of the reasons why the younger members of the staff warmed up quickly to her. The penthouse's household staff weren't required to wear uniforms unlike the staff at the mansion. Iris scrapped this requirement after she woke up from her one-year coma. So her staff usually wore their regular clothes while working.

Only the driver liked wearing uniforms because he thought that it made him look professional, especially since he was also often photographed by the paparazzi and fans whenever he picked up Iris. But ever since Iris moved to the mansion, he didn't need to drive her around anymore. Jin Liwei had a full staff there ready to serve their mistress. There was a time when the driver felt unneeded. Fortunately, Clover arrived and started living at the penthouse. He now had a purpose again and drove Clover around.

Even the driver's uniform didn't escape Wei Lan's interference. Since he liked wearing uniforms so much, she had a professional designer make him a new set of uniforms. Now he looked more like an aircraft pilot rather than a car driver. He secretly loved it, though.

Under Wei Lan's influence, Iris' penthouse staff became the most fashionable staff in the area. Whenever Wei Lan, Jiang Ying Yue, Little Jun, his nanny and the younger staff walked out together, everyone would stop in their tracks and just stare at them.

"Who are this group of fashionable people?" they wondered.

And almost always, everyone would become even more amazed whenever the driver picked them up while wearing his customized pilot uniform.

The group was so stylish and eye-catching that one day, their photos were published on a popular street fashion blog. Although Little Jun's face was blurred out because he was a child, everyone else's faces were clearly shown.

Soon, a few people quickly recognized both Wei Lan and Jiang Ying Yue.

Wei Lan was a former model but her career never really took off. She only became (in)famous because of her high-profile divorce from Long Tengfei and also because she was the mother of Iris Long. Now people knew her as Madam Wei Lan, the extravagant socialite who changed lovers like she changed her clothes.

As for Jiang Ying Yue, many recognized her as Iris' former bodyguard turned friend, future sister-in-law, and the mother of her godson. She became well-known when Wu Qianxi and her "friend" influenced people to bully her and Long Hui online. Jiang Ying Yue's pictures were spread all over the internet, causing her to receive so much hate until Princess Porkchop helped turn the situation around.

After Wei Lan and Jiang Ying Yue were recognized from the photos on the street fashion blog and associated them to Iris, the post immediately became viral.