Chapter 1

Fires, storms and floods will reign,
No safe haven will remain,
You cannot run, you cannot fight,
Seek the truth and then go right,
Wake them from their eternal slumber,
Your soul will satisfy their hunger,
On the final day, a winter's morning,
He will rise, do heed my warning,
Only with their help can you prevail,
One doubt in mind and you will fail.

It was a spring's day like any other, the birds were singing their precious songs, the wind was whistling along and the two elementals that were at home in these woods were chasing each other down to the lake. Running around these parts was dangerous, Lady Mira had told the two millions of times before and yet neither of them had ever tripped or ran into something. They knew every tree and every root sticking out from the ground like the back of their hand, they could do this blindfolded.

Cyra was currently leading the race, she was a reckless one, using the fire spraying from
her hands as a way to boost herself forward, winning seemed more important than not setting the forest on fire in that moment.

Meanwhile Caspian followed closely behind her, he too couldn't do without using magic to get an advantage. While he couldn't shoot flames from his hands he was not above having a tendril shoot out of the ground and wrap around his friend's ankle to hold her back.

"Hey! Not fair!", the girl barked back at him when he overtook her while she struggled with the plant wrapped firmly around the base of her right boot. "We never said you could use your powers to interfere with the other! I swear, I'll set you on fire!", she yelled as she tried her best to stay on his trail after this tremendous betrayal of his.

"We never said you couldn't either!", he laughed, feeling only slightly anxious about potentially being set aflame now.

However instead of a flame hitting his back it was a force that came in the form of a vaguely human shaped figure jumping at him from behind. After having landed face first on the ground he struggled to gain the advantage, which ended with the two barrel rolling over each other and landing straight in the lake.

While Caspian stayed sitting down in the shallow waters, completely drenched, Cyra jumped out similarly to how a cat would.

"Call it a tie?"
"Yeah."

"Cyra? Caspian? I was not expecting you to come flying when I called for you.", the familiar voice caught both of them off guard as their heads turned in direction of the lake.

"Of course, Lady Mira, we always hurry when you call.", Caspian chuckled as the palms of Cyra's hands began glowing and she used the radiating heat to try and dry her hair.

"Wonderful.", the spirit came closer, her long white dress making it impossible to tell if she was simply walking on the water beneath her or if she was floating in the air above it. She ran her blueish fingers through her long white hair as she batted her eyelashes. Flirting with Caspian again, was she?

Cyra rolled her eyes, she had always hated the way she disappeared into the background when these two spoke to each other. Both so clearly in love and so hopelessly unaware of the other's feelings.

"I have a task for you.", she spoke with a gentle smile on her lips. While she must have been talking to both of them her eyes remained fixated on him and his on her. It was disgusting really.

"Yes, we figured. How may we help you?", even the way he spoke when he was with Mira made Cyra's stomach turn.

He didn't move from the water, just assumed a standing position with his legs up to his ankles in the lake. Once Lady Mira had approached him he was still taller than her despite being submerged three or four inches into the water. It had nothing to do with how short she was, in fact her height was quite considerable, he was just 'freakishly tall' as Cyra liked to put it. There was more than a whole foot of height difference between the two of them, making the races even more unfair in her eyes as he obviously had longer legs than her.