Cannonball!

3rd Person—

"P-Percy?" Annabeth managed to croak.

"In the flesh." He grinned, but somehow it was twisted and evil, a shadow passing over his face.

"Why would you do this?" Nico shouted. "Why?"

"Because the gods don't deserve to rule. They're nincompoop rulers, only making decisions for their own good, no one else's. And you all believed those assholes!" He pointed a finger at them. "You keep forgetting. I would never betray anyone. I would never kill anyone I loved. But that's the past." He growled. "I won't hesitate now." He raised Sicarius, an evil smirk plastered onto his face.

"Percy—no!" Jason cried.

"Percy yes." He swung it at Nico, secretly vapor-traveling him back to Camp Half-Blood. Nico yelled in alarm as he disappeared.

"Sorry, bro." Percy flashed him an apologetic smile before vaporizing him too. Jason had his mouth open in a silent scream of horror before the vapor disappeared.

"That only leaves you, Annabeth Chase." He stalked towards her. Annabeth unsheathed her dagger, holding it out in front of her in an attempt to protect herself from her fate.

"You killed Nico and Jason!" She cried, tears sparkled in her eyes. "Why? Why, Percy? You weren't like this before!" She backed in towards the wall.

"Go face your fate, daughter of Athena!" One of the dracaena hissed, shoving her from behind towards Percy. She fell to the floor, dagger skidding out of reach.

"Yes, Annabeth. Face your fate. Admit it. You poisoned me from the heart, betraying me like that." He pointed Sicarius at her throat. "You will never be free from your eternal torture." He slashed at her arm, a wide arc of red splashing down onto her shirt. She winced.

"Percy, stop!" She begged.

"You—won't—escape—Annabeth!" A maniacal laugh escaped his lips as he swiped and cut at her face and arms. Blood dribbled from her mouth as tears streamed down her face. "Never. You will never be free." He struck a final blow at her before he vapor-traveled her back to Camp Half-Blood.

Let her suffer from seeing the ones around her perish. He thought wickedly.

"Beg me for mercy, Annabeth Chase, but you will never win. Never." He sheathed Sicarius back into its sheath and turned around.

"Very good, Percy Jackson." Kronos cackled. "It is time. It is time for the rise. And I think you would meet someone you would love to meet."

"Who is it? Tartarus?" He asked dryly.

"Actually, yes."

"What?!" A figure walked in the room.

"Lord Tartarus." Percy went down on one knee.

"The bane of Olympus has finally joined the right side." He said approvingly. "You will never regret this, Perseus Jackson."

"It's Percy." Percy automatically corrected and winced. "Sorry, my lord. It's a habit. But please, call me Percy." Tartarus nodded.

"I raise the monsters from the Pit, and with me and my children I get even stronger than the Doors of Death!" He murmured. "We are invincible! We will finally take over the realm of the gods!"

"Percy, it is time." Kronos beckoned the demigod over. "Go to the River Styx and bathe in it. Get your mother's blessing."

"I will." Percy nodded and vapor-traveled away.

Line break

"Time to do this." Percy sucked in a breath and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A muffled voice came from behind the walls. "Hello, Blofis resi—" Sally opened the door and saw Percy.

"Hey, mom." He said quietly. Tears streamed down her face as she leaped forward and hugged him so tightly it could rival Tyson's.

"Ow, mom, I need to breathe—" Percy wheezed.

"I've missed you." She said quietly. He patted her on the back.

"I've missed you too, mom." He whispered.

"What's going on here—" Paul came to the door and his jaw dropped. "Percy?"

"Hey, Paul." He smiled sadly and offered a group hug. He joined it immediately and they stood there for a while, just embracing each other.

"Where were you? Annabeth, Jason, Nico, and this other guy Agnostos were looking for you—"

"I'm sorry, mom." He looked at her, his one sea green eye tainted with sadness. "But there's another war. I need to bathe in the Styx again. It's for you. It's for us. Kronos and Tartarus are rising, and they—they need me again." Sally covered her mouth with a hand.

"I wish the Fates would leave you alone, Percy, but..." She looked away for a second before meeting his eyes. "I'm so proud of you, my son. Be brave. Hope can survive the worst moments." She gently caressed his cheek with a finger. "I give you my blessing." Percy kissed her on the cheek.

"Thanks, mom. Thanks, Paul." He took a last look at him.

"I'll come back, mom. I promise." He smiled at them both, tears in his eyes before he vapor-traveled to the Underworld, where he first bathed in the Styx with Nico helping him. The dark aura of the Underworld sent an eerie glow throughout the cave. The black water made no noise as it rushed soundlessly over the riverbed. Percy took a deep breath to anchor him to the mortal world.

He focused on a spot right on his left shoulder, where all his friends used to wrap their arm around when they were hanging out, comforting him, or just joking around. It was a place with so many memories. He took a deep breath and yelled, "Cannonball!" before jumping in with a huge splash.