Chapter Eight: Dead poet society.

The following day, a Saturday, I helped Will bring his things up to his room. He had brought with him a single suitcase along with a box. He was only staying for a few weeks.

"You can just set it down there," he stated, pointing to a spot next to his closet.

I leaned down and set the box in the place he had pointed to. I could hear Will chuckling to himself behind me.

"What?" I asked as I stood upright.

He smirked, "Catch!"

He suddenly tossed a small box to me, the contents inside rattling as it flew through the air.

My initial reaction was to duck and cover, which is why I don't do sports.

"Why'd you duck?" Will laughed

"What else are you supposed to do when something comes flying at your face?"

"Catch it. . . probably,"

"shut up,"

After scrambling to locate where the box had fallen, I finally found it underneath his desk behind me.

When I opened it, I found myself looking at a brand new key fob in a long round triangle-ish shape with big bold letters on it that read: JEEP.

"Is this a joke?" I asked giddily

"How about you go outside and see for yourself,"

The surroundings of my house seemed to blur as I rushed outside. I came out to the driveway to find a Sky blue, 2-door Jeep Wrangler with a black soft top, a lift and big wide tires. I turned around to find my brother coming out of the house, arms crossed and laughing with pride.

Before I could ask him he said, "Yes, I'm being serious!"

"This is mine?!"

He grinned, "Got to get your girl in style,"

I looked down at my feet, smiling slightly.

I walked around the car, opening all the doors, the trunk too, just to look at it all. I looked over at Will suddenly, puzzled.

"This is all very nice but weren't we supposed to go get this together?"
"Yeah, well, you know. . . consider it a gift from yours truly,"

"Well, this is awesome. Thanks, man,"

I suddenly noticed Reese coming down the street on her bike from behind Will's head.

"Hey!" she exclaimed.

She waved. Will turned to see what I was smiling at.

"Is that-?"

"shh,"

I walked over to Reese as she got closer to the house. She hopped off her bike and trotted over to me.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"That wouldn't happen to be said brother, would it?"
"Indeed it would," I chuckled

"Anything you two want to share or? Should I just go back inside?" Will laughed.

I turned to Will, who was staring at the two of us.

"Oh, sorry. This is Reese," I said, gesturing to her. "Reese, this is my brother, Will."

"Nice to meet you!"

She held out her hand to be shaken.

"Good to meet you too," He smiled