Nature

Our Earth 🌏Our Earth is a beautiful planet with green and blue patches of land and water on it

Our Earth 🌏
Our Earth is a beautiful planet with green and blue patches of land and water on it.

Continents 🗺️
Continents are the great land masses on the Earth. There are seven continents.
Did you know?
Asia is the largest continent among all the seven continents.

Mountains 🏔️
Mountains are natural raised portions of the Earth with sloping sides.
Did you know? ☃️
There are mountains under the surface of the sea.

Landforms
Landforms are the formations of land on the surface of the Earth.
Did you know? ⛄️
A glacier is a type of landform. They're huge masses of ice that flow slowly down the mountains where they're formed.

Forest 🌳
A forest is a large area of land covered with tall trees, bushes and shrubs with various types of animals and birds living in it.

Oceans, seas and rivers 🌊
Oceans, seas and rivers are water bodies on the surface of the Earth.
Did you know? 🏄‍♀️
The water bodies occupy more than half of our planet,Earth.

Islands 🏝️
Islands are pieces of land surrounded by water on all sides.
Did you know? 🥥
Greenland is the world's largest island.

Water cycle 💦
The journey of water from the land to the sky and back again to the land, is called the water cycle.
Did you know? 🌞
The River Nile in Africa is the longest river on Earth.

Did you know? 🌞The River Nile in Africa is the longest river on Earth

What are plants?
Plants are living organisms.
Did you know? 🐦
An average sized tree can make 170,000 pencils.

Growing into a tree 🌲
Plants start their life as seed and grow into a tree.
Did you know? 🌱
Trees grow from the top as is commonly believed.

Parts of a plantA plant has many parts: the stem, roots, flowers, fruits and leaves

Parts of a plant
A plant has many parts: the stem, roots, flowers, fruits and leaves.

Leaf 🍃
Each leaf is like the kitchen of a plant where it makes food for the whole plant.

Flowers, vegetables and fruits 🍌
Flowers help in giving birth to new plants. Fruits and vegetables form food for many birds, animals and human beings.

Roots
Roots help plants to absorb food and water from the soil.
Did you know?
The Rafflesia is the world's largest flower. It can grow in Southeast Asia and weigh up to 1 kg!

Stem and branches
The stem carries water and food up from the roots and distributes it to all the parts through the branches.

Stem and branchesThe stem carries water and food up from the roots and distributes it to all the parts through the branches

HOW DO TREES HELP ME?
Trees gives you oxygen to breathe. They help to form clouds which give you rain! They give you fruits and vegetables. Birds, squirrels and snakes make their home in trees.

Did you know?
- Trees and plants make their food through a process. This is called photosynthesis.
- Coast Redwood Tree in California is the world's tallest tree.
- There are about 20,000 types of trees in the world.