Mutual Respect?

Arya:

Ishaan’s grip tightened, and I felt the cold, rough texture of the wall against my back. The pain shot through my wrist, but it was nothing compared to the fear that had consumed me looking at his fiery and dreadful eyes. His eyes bore into mine, anger and frustration etched across his face.

"Where did you go?" Ishaan said, intensifying the pain through twisting my hand.

"I....I....," I said, stammering with pain and fear.

"Don't make me repeat the question, you senseless woman," Ishaan said and my eyes betrayed me once again spilling silent tears. However, I felt to chuckle at my situation because tears are my best companion from my childhood. I got fed up with those heavy water drops but still they never leave me.

"Answer my question," Ishaan said, barking at me this time.

"I...went...to an interview....," I said.

"Interview? For what?"

"For job," I said, irritated with his question.

"Job? Do you even think of working after our marriage? And who permitted you to go for a job?"

"I should do a job for me and my baby," I said.

"Eira is my responsibility. But you didn't answer my question," Ishaan said and I couldn't speak as he smashed himself against my body. What was he doing? I felt frustrated with his touch. I tried to push him away with my another hand but he twisted that too behind me.

"Look, I said you are not my wife but I didn't say that I am not your husband," I looked at him perplexed as I didn't get his statement. What does he mean? I wish I could kill him. Does he have any sense? He doesn't even know how to behave with a girl.

"What I mean is to the society, you are my wife and everything you do effects my reputation. So you are not allowed to work. And from the next time, I shouldn't see you going out of this house without my permission," Ishaan said, moving more close to me. The fragrance of his perfume reached my nostrils and I felt a kind of dizziness. I feel uncomfortable with a few fragrances like Mogra, Jasmine etc. His perfume is different but so strong which created nauseous sensation in me. Ishaan looked at me for a while and moved away giving me space to breath.

"Are you okay?"

I didn't say anything and he gave water to me. I took the water and felt better.

Ishaan’s tone was serious again as he instructed me, “Go have your meal now. Afterward, come directly to the room. Remember, you’re not allowed to speak to anyone today, including Eira. That’s my order.” I nodded in acknowledgment.

I had the food and slept on the bed silently. Eira came to me after a while.

"Mumma, you know what? Today all my friends shut their mouth seeing dad," Eira said and I was about to speak but seeing Ishaan, I stayed silent. Ishaan sat on the bed and took Eira onto his lap.

"Did you have your dinner?" Ishaan said, looking at me and I nodded.

"Dad, are you asking me or mom?" Eira said.

"Both," Ishaan said.

His anger is a storm that can change everything within seconds but his love is so soothing as if that can make any danger away. I looked at him and when Ishaan observed me, I turned my gaze away. Though his words confused me, I felt him hiding something from me. Anyways one thing is sure that he loves Eira so much.

Next day, I got a call from the modeling company asking me to come there as I was selected. I called Ishaan to tell this to him.

"Tell me," Ishaan said.

"I got the call from the modeling company that I got selected for the job," I said.

"Are you insane or can't understand what I said yesterday? I said that you are not working, that's it," Ishaan said and cut the call.

He said I am not his wife and shouldn't interfere in his works. Then how can he interfere in my works? Who is he to order me? I respect him for saving my daughter from Varun but that doesn't mean he can treat me as his slave to do whatever he say. I took my handbag and went to the modeling company. The HR is talking to me and suddenly the office boy came running to him. He said something and HR stood up shocked.

"Mrs Arya, can you please wait aside for sometime. Someone important is coming here," HR said and I nodded, getting up from the seat. And then, I saw Ishaan entering into the room and glared at me. He sat on the seat and the HR is terrified of him.

"Sir, we are so glad that you are here. How can I help you? One call is enough if there's anything but you took the risk of coming all the way," the HR said.

"I came here to see who's the HR, that great to appoint my wife as his employee," Ishaan said.

"Your wife?" HR said and Ishaan looked at me.

"Sir, we are extremely sorry. We are not aware that madam is your wife. We promise that this won't happen again. Please spare us, sir. If my boss comes to know this, he will fire me right away," the HR said, requesting Ishaan holding his hand.

"So you are not going to take her into this job, isn't it?" Ishaan said, looking at me.

"Sir, we are not that great to appoint your wife as our employee. If you wish, you can buy this whole company for your wife. We are sorry for this," the HR said and Ishaan nodded. He held my wrist dragging me to the car. He threw me in the car and closed the door. He drove off to the house and I silently followed him to our room. I don't know what he would do today to me. His words are enough to kill me.

"What do you think about yourself? I told you not to go and you went there without any respect for me."

"Respect goes mutual. When you don't know to respect me, why should I respect you?" I said, looking at his eyes and Ishaan shocked with my words. I took all the bullshit from Varun just to save that marriage for Eira but if the same repeats, I am not going to take it silently. I am not weak. No single mother is weak because she took the decision of raising her child alone by taking both the roles of father and mother inspite of criticism from the society and abandonment of her own circle. Yes, I married Ishaan for Eira but that doesn't mean I can't save my child by myself.

Hi friends, how is the episode? You have read my earlier books where the Female lead is so patient with Male lead though she's very strong outside. But in this book, Arya is a strong woman in the House and outside too. Of course, she tolerates but not forever or to any extent. She stands for herself and fights for her respect and individuality. Hope you will love her characterisation. Comment and let me know what do you feel about the characters, so that I can understand whether you are liking the way story is going or not.

Thank you.