Ch2. "The Bragg Project"

April 21st, 2017

{WARNING; From this chapter forward there will be mentions of GORE, SA, and other sensitive topics}

Soni quickly unlocked the door to his home, his husband and kid nowhere to be seen. His eyes widened as he desperately looked around for them.
"Yuko?? Jasmine!" Soni spoke, he was out of breath.
A creaking was heard upstairs, slow soft footsteps heard coming down the stairs. Soni's heart was beating, his hands trembled. He feared the worst. There was so much happening outside he didn't want to believe that they got to his husband and kid so quickly.
"Darling, what's wrong.?" Yuko spoke dreary, turning the corner. He had just woken up from his nap. Soni sighed, putting his hand on his chest, relieved. He could feel his heartbeat.
"Where's Jasmine?" he said, looking around. Soni looked at him, Yuko could tell he was worried. Something was off.
"She was...Playing outside...?" Yuko said hesitantly. "Are you okay? What happened?"
"Outside? Nono..." Soni looked out of the windows, frantically looking around.
  A scratching was heard outside the door, Soni turned to look at the door. Slowly walking towards it with caution, his hands shook with nervousness. The door creaked open and there, his daughter, stumbling towards him.
        "Jasmine...?" Yuko muttered,        "what's..wrong with her.." Yuko looked at soni for answers since he seemingly knew what was going on.
        "No...My baby..." Soni mumbled to himself, his eyes full of tears as he stepped back. Making sure Yuko was as well.
       "Da...da—" Jasmine mumbled, stumbling forward towards Soni and Yuko. Her dress was ripped,  her skin; pale, patches of her body; missing. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were in tears. Yuko's eyes widened and teared up as he covered his mouth in shock. Their only daughter, infected. She carried an arm, but it wasn't hers. Around her mouth was bloody, it dripped off her chin.
       "Oh my god." Yuko gagged, Soni froze, his heart beating faster than before. He couldn't  imagine his little girl killing other people, yet there she was. Eating the living.
       "I'm so sorry, princess." Soni's voice broke as he picked up a gun from the drawer he backed into and raised it towards her. His hands were shaking. He was hoping it would just scare her. He was hoping that maybe, just maybe, there was still humanity in his little girl.
Jasmine paused, standing still. She stared at her parents, Yukos tears began to roll down his cheeks and onto the floor. Jasmine dropped the arm in her hand, she began to twitch.
Soni dropped his guard, lowering his gun for a moment. Did she recognize them?
      "Princess? Are you--"
Jasmine took this opportunity and lunged at them, Soni fell backwards screaming in pain as his daughter sunk her teeth into his arm. He winced as he reached for the gun he dropped as Jasmine scratched at him. Trying to take the chunk out of his arm. Yuko shut his eyes, he was terrified. The loud bang sound made him jump, followed by a thud. Soni looked at his daughter, lifeless. Still. He breathed heavy, his chest rising with each gasp as he sat up, picking up his daughter in his arms.
      "What the hell is happening?!" He exclaimed, Soni looked up at him. Soni stayed silent, holding onto their 7 year old daughter.
     "There's an outbreak happening.. But we can't stay here." he said, standing up,
still holding Jasmine in his arms.
  Yuko walked towards the window, pushing aside the curtain that covered it. He hadn't noticed before. The town was covered in a dark smoke; that was the effect of the explosion. People were running around, panicking. They were bloodied and hurt, some even dead. Most undead.
"Where are we supposed to go?" Yuko looked back at Soni, worried. They had never expected to be in an actual apocalypse. They had thought those were only in the movies. It felt unreal, they didn't want to believe it.
"I'll pack necessities. We are clearly going to need it to survive."
Soni nodded, he looked down at Jasmine. Using his hand to close her eyes.
"I'll help."
Soni winced at the sudden pain in his arm, it bled and dripped onto the floor. Was he going to turn into one of those things? Yuko grabbed his arm gently.
"But first, let's get you cleaned up."