~Summertime~ (StaticRadio)

A simple song on the radio turns into an unexpected duet.

I made this part of the new book I'm doing into a oneshot to 'promote' it I guess? In all reality, I loved this snippet from a chapter from the new book, and I couldn't go another day without posting it. So please enjoy.

Oh wait!

The song used is called Summertime. I specifically used the Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.

Please feel free to list to it during the chapter. As well as the whole of the StaticRadio playlist I made. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6QqUvw9GGgh9m2yw58VQuZ?si=eQA6f6P9ST-Fc47zQ5oDcA&pi=u-uzg-m-PbS4qQ

Okay. Now enjoy!
~•~

Alastor turned on his feed and started to sing. He specifically chose one of Vox's favorite songs.

He and the media demon had grown quite fond of one another after simply talking. That's all it took. Vox showed up at the hotel and insisted on talking to Alastor.

And to much of his dismay, they talked. Vox barely teased him the whole conversation. Nor did he seem to suffer from anything Alastor was saying. Simply nodding and giving his thoughts.

Eventually Alastor grew tired of it.

He screamed and hissed at Vox, wondering why the overlord wouldn't fight him.

That was until Vox pointed out how childish he seemed by doing that. And then Alastor sat in silence with Vox.

Then they found their way to a pleasant conversation.

And then another.

And soon enough, they were extremely close.

**********************

Alastor adjusted his monocle and got ready to start the song. He pressed play on the instrumental and waited for his cue.

Until he got it. And boy did he start to sing.

"Summertime~ Where the livin' is easy~"

Every note oozed charm and wonder beautifully. Albeit the radio demon was murderous, his normal voice was broadcasted across hell for everyone to hear. Hell, even Velvette had a radio going at the back of her studio.

But yes, everything was going splendidly well.

Until.

"Oh one of these mornings~"

Alastor jumped, not expecting the expected voice. He was going to cut the broadcast all together, but lots of people were turning in. They always were on singin' Sundays. What's life without a little impromptu duet eh? Pretend it was planned now, find the fucker later!

The voice continued singing his part, seeming to play acoustic guitar while doing so. Even Alastor had to admit he had a beautiful voice.

But something about it was familiar. He didn't put two and two together until they got to the true duet part.

"Summertime~ and the livin' is easy~"

"Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high..."

That's when he realized that the man he was singing with was Vox himself. The realization allowed Alastor to giggle to himself, and enjoy the duet more. He had always wanted to hear more of his 'rivals' (friend's) voice.

However, he wasn't expecting it to sound so human. So...deep and lustrous. It was beautiful, and so much different than the voice he usually had. Or even the voice he put on when he was fake singing or singing jingles. This was raw and gorgeous.