106

The Yang family came back, and the villagers were still quite concerned. It's not for any other reason, just out of curiosity about what happened to Mr. Yang and them, such as how many years they have been sentenced, or how the case was tried, such as how many people were watching, or even more. Many villagers had never been to the county seat, just hearing about its prosperity, not knowing how prosperous it was. If someone was willing to talk about it, they could listen all day long if they were free.

However, the situation of the Yang family was not suitable for visiting now.

The father and son of the Yang family went to jail. At first glance, it seemed that Yang Lanrou had hired someone, and Mrs. Xu even visited once. They said that the Yang family was not home and they did not have any silver, so the Yang family had to change the name of the house to Mrs. Xu's, which was in exchange for that IOU.

Actually, Yang Lanhong had already paid back all the villagers with the money he received, and there was only a little left. He paid back the Xu family five taels, leaving only ten taels unpaid.

However, the house was worth more than just ten taels, not to mention Yang’s mother, even Yang Lanrou refused.

Later, Mrs. Xu gave in, and agreed to change the name to Xu Changjie, which was considered settling the debt.

In fact, it was really outrageous to bully the Yang family.

But the Yang family really couldn't refuse anymore. They had moved from outside, and had torn their faces with many villagers because of the borrowed money. Now, although they had paid back the money, they were only not isolated by everyone or even expelled.

The Xu family had been in the village for many years. If they no longer had contact with their own family, it would be completely isolated.

It was still okay in the town, but if it was being isolated in such a closed place like the village, it would be really scary. Not to mention anything else, any incident in the village would never be known, just like being blindfolded.

Yang’s mother thought for a long time and finally nodded her head.

After nodding, the house became Xu Changjie's. Xu’s mother was satisfied and the Xu and Yang families continued to be in contact.

Because of this, Xu’s mother specially informed the close families in the village. It was a powerful family to have such a private courtyard in the village. Not to mention anything else, it would be much smoother for their children's marriage.

Li Qinghe never expected that after a few turns, they still became neighbors.

Now she didn't care about this; the sweet potatoes in the field should be dug out. Although everyone in the village was listening to what happened to Yang's family with their ears, in the end, their own work in the field was still the most important.

Mother Zhou was also busy going back to work. Zhou Chengkang originally wanted her to take care of the child, and after Li Qinghe invited some good people, he would do the work in the field for her. But she refused, and she went back by herself.

As in previous years, no one would come to help before the grains of each family were harvested, but there were always exceptions, such as Zhao Dashan. He was not an exception. He did not have any land. Everyone was harvesting in the autumn, and he was busy doing odd jobs everywhere. After helping Li Fu for two days, he ran to Li Qinghe's house to help.

All the families were busy, including Xu Changjie and two people next door. They took a hoe and went to the field to dig sweet potatoes. In addition, Qian's family, which could not harvest the land in autumn, also took the children to the fields. Their land was planted by You Shi. After Qian's family came to the door and fiercely quarreled, You Shi reluctantly bore the loss and it probably looked like a joke, and the land was returned to them.