CHAPTER 8

Third POV

Whitlock searched the training round for Sir Riyu and approached him when he spotted him.

"Sir Riyu, may I speak with you?" Whitlock asked the knight while he was undergoing training. 

"Mr. Whitlock, can I help you?" He said it with a fit of exhaustion.

"Yes, His Grace has asked me to arrange for the lady Diamandis escort, and I'm here to ask if you would be willing to do so."

"Of course, it would be an honor."

"Please get ready for departure and wait for the lady at the front door." Whitlock then left Riyu to prepare the carriage.

"Hey, Riyu, what did Whithlock want?" A man approaches Riyu, asking

"He wants me to escort Lady Diamandis to go out," Riyu replied.

"Oh, good luck with that. make sure not to enrage her, or else you risk being imprisoned or, worse, fired."

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

"Princess your back," Fey said as Lavinia barged in with a happy face.

"The duke allowed me to go out, so help me change into a more casual dress." Lavinia smiled

After changing, Fey and Lavinia walked out of the room toward the front door.

"My lady, here's the money the Duke has given you to spend." Whitlock presented Lavinia with a sum of money. 

"Say my thanks to the Duke. alright we're gonna go now byee"

As Lavinia left the mansion she was greeted by Riyu 

"Good afternoon, lady Diamandis. I'll be your escort for today. Riyu explained, kneeling and looking down.

"I will be under your care, sir Riyu."

When Riyu heard a familiar voice, he looked up and was surprised to realize that it was the same woman he had seen the previous day. He just stared at her for a moment. 'Kaori, are you the lady Diamandis? She's so beautiful,' he thought, but Whitlock cleared his throat, and he eventually snapped back.'

"Ah! "Yes, I will take great care of you," he stammered.

'He's so cute,' Lavinia thought as he stared at the clumsy Riyu, attempting to keep his composure.

"Ok, let us now go."

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

Lavinia's POV

After we arrived at the market, we saw a lot of people. I wore a cloak to avoid may eyes so did Fey and Riyu.

"Why are there a lot of people today?" I asked Fey

"I have no idea, Princess."

"It's the star festival season today, Miss Kao- Lady Diamandis." Riyu interrupted

"What is that? Also, you can call me Kaori," I said, looking directly into his eyes.

Riyu was shocked and blushed forms on his ears and cheek but continued, "It's a commoners festival where they believe Goddess Enthe writes their prophecy into the stars that they need to read to know which path they should take to live their best life." He explained