Chapter 3- Touch

(Y/n)s pov:

"None of you were able to get one of the bells before the clock went off" Kakashi stated with an unimpressed glance, Naruto was tied to a would pole. Sakura, Sasuke and I were sitting on either side of him, I leaned back onto one of the poles with a groan, my back was still killing me.

"I've decided I'm not sending any of you back to the academy" Kakashi added with a small nod, my eyes widened. Sakura and I celebrated that we weren't going home, before quickly realising we were cheering with each other; scooting a decent amount away. "I'm going to drop you from the program if you fail again, I'm giving you another opportunity" Kakashi continued, my stomach dropped. Drop us from the program?

"Hey you can't do that you said you were gonna send us back to the academy! You can't just change your mind!" Naruto yelled with a growl, struggling against the ropes he was tied with.

"You have half an hour to eat, anyone who gives any to Naruto will be disqualified, it's his punishment for trying to cheat" Kakashi stated with a shrug, turning heel and jumping away.

"We need a strategy" I stated with a sigh, opening the lunchbox that sat in front of me. Sakura scoffed at me and went back to her lunch. "What?" I questioned with a glare, she turned her head to me with a snarky smile.

"Your one to talk about strategy, you got yourself slammed into a tree" she sniggered with a shrug, eating some of her rice.

"Says you, from what I heard you just fainted; twice! At least I was able to touch the bells" I stated with a huff, near snapping the chopsticks in my hands.

"Enough, we have to work together, Naruto you can have my food" Sasuke hissed with a blank tone, holding his lunch box in front of Naruto.

"Sasuke! You heard what Kakashi said you'll be disqualified" Sakura whisper yelled, looking around the trees near us for our teacher.

"Sasukes right, we all need to be fully fed and doing our best" I agreed with a small sigh, passing my lunch to Naruto. "You can have mine too" I added with a pout, I really was hungry but you know what they say if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

"Ugh fine, but this is a one time thing I'm on a diet anyways" Sakura muttered with a groan, passing the lunch box to him.

"Aw Sakura that's so nice" Naruto stated with a sniffle, I rolled my eyes of course he didn't notice Sasuke and more importantly me offering food too.

"Just take the food" Sakura responded with a puff of her cheeks, Naruto tried to wiggle his way out of the ropes unsuccessfully. "Ugh this is so embarrassing" Sakura stated, taking her chopsticks and feeding him her rice. I chuckled and placed my lunch on the ground, looking around for Kakashi.

"So you have decided to go completely against my orders" the deep voice of Kakashi boomed, he seemed to just appear in front of us, I yelped and jumped back, outstretching my arms in front of Naruto.

"I was the only one that gave my food up, I'm not gonna leave my teammate hungry" I stated with a steadfast albeit slightly scared glare, Kakashi crossed his arms.

"I did too, we all did" Sasuke stated with an emotionless tone, standing besides me, Sakura nodded and join us.

"You pass" Kakashi stated with a small nod, going back to his book. We all paused, I tilted my head convinced I heard him wrong.

"Um what?" I questioned with a glance between Sakura and Sasuke, they didn't seem to understand either.

"You pass, I've tested many teams, none of them worked together and defied what I said" Kakashi relief with a chuckle, placing his free hand on his hip.

"But there was only 3 bells? You said one of us would have to go back to the academy!" Naruto yelled with a huff of confusion, Kakashi nodded.

"In the real world you'll have to put the team before yourselves, you four never thought to work together to try and get one bell" Kakashi explained with a chuckle, crossing his arms.

"You pitted us against each other on purpose" Sakura realised with a cock of her head, a grin spreading her features.

"And by feeding Naruto you passed" Kakashi stated with a shrug, turning heel. "Your first mission is tomorrow team 7" he added, walking off. Sakura and sasuke followed, Naruto yelled out for them to wait as I walked around to untie him.

"They didn't wait for us" Naruto stated with a pout, crossing his arms as I threw the rope to the side.

"Oh well, let's go get Ichiraku, we're gonna need a full stomach for our first mission tomorrow" I stated with a small shrug, patting him on the back. He grinned at me and nodded, walked towards the ramen bar in happy silence.

"That bit when you dug under the lake to reach Kakashi was pretty smart, you gotta teach me how to do that ice bubble thing" Naruto stated with a wide grin, elbowing me softly.

"Naruto you dope did you ever listen in school?" I asked with a chuckle, rolling my eyes as he looked at me in confusion. "So I use water based jutsus right?" I stated as he nodded. "And you use wind based ones" I continued with a sigh, hoping he'd get it.

"So?" He questioned with a shrug, leaning with his hands behind his head.

"So that means I use water release and you use wind, unless your like crazy strong you can't use more than one type of chakra" I explained with a roll of my eyes, Naruto opened his mouth with an o.

"Well that sucks" Naruto stated with a huff, his frown quickly fading as we got closer to Ichiraku.