Mount Sagiri💜

"Nii-san!" Tamiko cried, leaping onto hanafuda earings holder as he caught her in his arms, letting her cry in his chest.

"I-I was so scared! I thought I lost y-you--" She sobbed breathless, as he smiled softly before whipping her moist cheeks.

"I am sorry for scaring you tamiko. But I promise you I won't leave you alone ever again. I promised to protect you right?" He asks softly as she hiccups before nodding weakly.

"Nezuko?--" Both siblings let a relief sigh seeing their little sister safe, sleeping with a bamboo in her mouth.

"Find a man name Sakonji Urokodaki who lives at foot of Mt. Sagiri. Tell him Giyu Tomioka sent you." Giyu instructs Tanjiro while leaning on tree. His blue eyes trailed towards beauty as his glare softened.

"Don't let your sister get expose to sunlight now." He spoke before disappearing in thin air leaving both siblings all alone.

After burying their family, all siblings left for Mt. Sagiri in search of Sakonji Urokodaki.

Tanjiro went to get something for nezuko so that they can travel without her being exposed to sun while tamiko stayed behind with nezuko, refusing to leave her all alone now.

Tamiko smiled hugging her sister close as she snuggles, purring in delight while tamiko brushed her hair softly. "I love you my nezuko, I'm so sorry for leaving you behind. I should've stayed with you. Please forgive me. " Nezuko frowned seeing Tamiko's eyes watering before whipping them away.

Nezuko hugged her close as she cried, soothing her back gently before falling asleep in each other arms. By the time tanjiro returned, he smiled brightly seeing his only family being cuddled up. Tanjiro cupped their face softly before kissing their forehead.

"Looks like its too small for nezuko," Tanjiro and tamiko frowns while nezuko refused coming out of darkness of cave.

"Nezuko, can you shrink yourself like last time?" Tamiko asks as nezuko blinked before closing her eyes. Both siblings blinked as a now short nezuko walked in front of them before jumping in basket, closing it shut.

Tanjiro straps the basket on his back before him and tamiko made their way to the mountain, asking for directions from a nearby woman. She also warns that people have gone missing as of late and urges them to be careful.

It was now night. Both siblings arrived at a temple which was in middle of woods. "I smell blood, " Tanjiro spoke as both ran inside. Upon opening door both freezes at sight in front of them. There was a demon who was eating a corpse.

Tamiko whimpered clutching onto Tanjiro tightly, her eyes staring at demon with fear. The same night she had nightmares was now again flashing in front of her. She could faintly hear that woman's scream in her ears.

"Tamiko!" She yelps as tanjiro pushed her behind him as demon lunged at them. He quickly threw hatchet at his neck only for demon to heal within seconds due to his regeneration power.

"Tamiko, run!" Tanjiro yells as she shooked her head furiously. "No! I won't leave you and nezuko all alone!" She shouts, refusing to leave his side as demon lept at her.

"Tamiko!" Tanjiro screamed scared as she quickly knelt down, avoiding his sharp nails. She whimpers as he grabbed her by her neck, pinning her down on ground.

"Aren't you such a stunning thing?" The demon smirked, his fangs protruding from his jaw as Tamiko trembled underneath him. Her eyes watered with fear as she felt his long nail trailing on her neck before slashing it across her chest. She gasps as he tore off her kimono, her clothing loosely hanging on her shoulders.

"A marechi? No doubt you have such a divine aroma surrounding you." Tamiko cried shaking her head as she felt his fangs grazing her neck.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T! NII-SAN HELP!" Tamiko screamed scared when she felt the weight off of her.

"How dare you? How dare you touch her? You tried to touch my baby sister?" Tanjiro growls slashing his neck once again, his vision becoming red from fury as he stood in front of his wailing sister. The demon had some nerve trying to hurt his sister in front of him. He won't let him live after witnessing his assault with Tamiko.

"You basta--" Nezuko kicked him hard, nearly slicing his body in half as his head rolled on ground. "So I was right about one of you being a demon." He glared at nezuko who glared right back at him.

The head grows arms and attacks Tanjiro, while his body batters Nezuko and throws her deep into the nearby forest.

With the demon's head attached to his hatchet, Tanjiro attacks by head butting him, stunning the demon with his hard skull. With the head attached, he hurls the hatchet at a tree, pinning the head in place.

"Tamiko!" He quickly pulled her in his chest as she clinged onto him desperately, not letting go.

"Nii-san, nezuko?" She asks, still a bit shaken from the demon's assault as tanjiro looked at forest. At a cliff's edge, Tanjiro finds the body kicking Nezuko towards the drop. He tackles the body and hurls themselves over the edge. Nezuko and Tamiko grabs their brother before he could fall, while the body lands hard on the rocks below. The demon's head gets knocked unconscious after feeling its body's pain.

Armed with a knife, Tanjiro finds the head unconscious but still alive and prepares to kill it. He rationalizes his decision by saying that killing it could save others but he remains hesitant about killing the demon. He knows what he did to his sister was wrong but couldn't gather courage and strength to kill him.

"You cannot kill him with the knife." Tanjiro jumps slightly as he turned around to see a man with mask beside him, dressed in blue clothing. He freezes as he looked at the rock and then demon with conflicted emotions.

The man realised that he was too soft to kill the demon.The demon awakens and tries to grab Tanjiro. At that moment, the sun rises and the light burns the demon away into ash. He quickly ran to find Nezuko. He is relieved to see her inside the basket in the temple, safe from the sunlight with tamiko leaning on basket close while she slept peacefully.

After burying the dead of the temple, the man introduces himself as Sakonji Urokodaki. "It's pleased to meet you sir, I'm Tanjiro Kamado. They're my sisters--"

"What will you do if your sister devour someone?" He asked Tanjiro who freezes at his question.

"Okay then what will you do if someone tried to hurt your sister, like that demon tried to?" Tanjiro's eyes widen as he felt his heart clenching painfully hearing his words. The mere thought of someone hurting his sisters, someone forcing Tamiko like tonight made his all nightmares came real.

Tanjiro was snapped out of his trance as he felt a sharp pain on his face. "You are seriously thinking of worse outcomes than the action? How pitiful. If she kills someone, kill her first then yourself. That's what it means to travel with your sister who became a demon."

"And if I were in your place, I won't think twice before slicing the head someone who dares to look at my sister in disrespectful manner. No brother think twice to kill for his sister's well-being no matter who they are. " Urokodaki explained as Tanjiro looked down ashamed.

"This shouldn't happen ever again. Make sure of it." Urokodaki says before turning around, motioning him to follow. He gently picked up Tamiko to lift some worry off of tanjiro while he carried Nezuko before running off.

After a long run they finally reached his house before laying two sisters on bed, letting them sleep peacefully.

"So did I passed?" Tanjiro struggled to catch his breath before losing it as Urokodaki explained," The test begin now when we climb mountain. Then we'll see if you have what it takes to be a demon slayer."