Georgiana

Georgiana bounced into the room, her face glowing with delight, her cheeks flushed. She was wearing a cream dress with a light blue sash, her golden yellow hair twisted up into a bun which was fraying, and threatening to fall out at any moment. Mr Darcy followed behind her and closed the door, he lingered there watching his sister and bride.

Georgiana and Mr Darcy were the antithesis of each other. Although both shy and reserved, Mr Darcy came across as brooding, prideful, in his deep blue jacket and black trousers. Miss Georgiana however was light, sweet like a snowdrop. A picture of whimsy.

Yet Lizzie knew how strong of a bond they had, much like her and Jane, a bond anyone on the outside could never comprehend. But those lucky enough to find a bond such as that knew that it must be protected at all costs.

"Oh Elizabeth, you've arrived, I am just so happy to see you!" Georgiana said in a sweet medolic voice.

Lizzie got up to meet her sister and was beaming. She was really happy to see her also, and grateful for such a companion, now that her and Jane were not in close proximity.

"May I embrace you?" Georgiana enquired politely.

Lizzie responded by opening her arms wide, welcoming Georgiana's petite frame in for a hug.

"Oh it is so good to see you Georgiana, how have you been?" Elizabeth asked as they both sat down on the sofa, taking Georgiana's hands in her lap and smiling.

"Very well Elizabeth, eager for you and my brothers arrival, you have arrived earlier than my brother expected, I am so happy!" Lizzie brushed a strand hair out of Georgiana's face.

Mr Darcy interrupted, "we had the pleasure of borrowing Mr Bingley's horse and carriage, they are much faster than ours, I must enquire to him where he sourced them from." He made his way over to the window, looking out. But his remark fell on deaf ears as the ladies were too engrossed in each other.

"Please call me Lizzie, we are sisters now and I've never cared for my formal name. The drive was so lovely, Pemberley is like a painting, so grand I am overwhelmed!"

"Oh well Lizzie I must give you the tour, I know you have been here before and Mrs Reynolds showed you around, but my tour is much more interesting. I know all the best spots!" Georgiana exclaimed, she felt confident with her knowledge, and was eager to impress her new sister.

"Is that so?" Lizzie questioned, stealing a look from Mr Darcy who gave a teasing smile to her.

"Yes, can we do the tour this afternoon? Oh Lizzie I am so excited to have you settle here, it will be such a nice change to have a new companion, my brother can be quite boring sometimes," she shot Mr Darcy an unimpressed look, she furrowed her brow. "Just like him" Lizzie thought.

"I think you mean to say, my brother is so great at making me do my duty. If it wasn't for him my skills at the pianoforte would be much less impressive." Mr Darcy quipped smiling at his sister.

"Dear brother you cannot take the credit for my skills at piano forte when you yourself have none. You should see him Lizzie, when he sits at one it's like he's never seen one before. He is practically medieval when it comes to the piano forte."

"Well well, your brother had much to say at my own pianoforte playing and had much disgust. But now I learn he has even less skills than me, oh Mr Darcy the disrespect, " Lizzie looked over at her husband, he was rolling his eyes. Georgiana snickered.

"Well Mrs Darcy I am sure my sister can bring your skills up to speed, she is a good teacher. I however am unteachable, it seems all the skills and grace were passed to you Georgiana."

Just as Georgiana was to tease her brothers lack of creative skills some more, there was a knock at the parlour door.

"Come in" barked Mr Darcy. The door opened to Mrs Reynolds.

"Apologies for the intrusion sir, I am here to collect Miss Georgiana Darcy for her riding lesson," said Mrs Reynolds.

"Oh good, Lizzie will you come watch, you can come meet my horse, and maybe pick your own, we could have lessons together."

Lizzie smiled politely, however she was much too tired for Georgiana's energy.

"Can I watch another time, the ride has left me quite tired, plus I have some letters to write."

"Georgiana, don't rush Mrs Darcy, we have all the time in the world," Mr Darcy added, but Georgiana didn't look upset instead her face was sympathetic. Although only 17, she extremely grown up at times. Much unlike Lizzie's own sisters Lydia and Kitty.

"Of course, I will see you at dinner dear sister." She gracefully got up and left with Mrs Reynolds.

They were alone again.

"Do you really have letters to write?" Mr Darcy enquired, his tone felt deflated to Lizzie.

"Well I have to inform everyone I have arrived, my mother will be beside herself if she doesn't get a glimpse into Mrs Darcy s life at Pemberley." Lizzie sighed thinking of her erratic mother, and she suddenly noticed how quiet Pemberley was.

"Can they not wait a day or two, then you'll have much more to write about, and won't be required to write again for a short while. I don't want my wife spending her first week writing." Mr Darcy crossed over to her and took Georgiana's spot on the sofa.

"And what would you want your wife to be doing?" She asked gazing at him longingly but he was looking down at her hands. He took them in his, his thumb caressing the back of her hand.

"Well we could start with a tour of the library, perhaps pick you out a book to then take on a sunny picnic." He looked up at her, his eyes soft and relaxed. Elizabeth fidgeted closer to him.

He continued, "a row across the lakes, to take in the view, a stroll around the garden perhaps? Mrs Reynolds said the roses are just about to bloom." He ended on a whisper, stroking her cheek with his warm hands. Lizzie looked down at his lips, her breath catching.

"There is much we can consume than writing, much for you to explore." His face was an inch away from Lizzie's, she could feel her heartbeat in her mouth. Her longing for Mr Darcy was a simmering pot about to come to boil.

"I'm not sure what sounds more tempting my dear husband." Lizzie said breathless.

"Well we can't waste an divine afternoon like this, perhaps a picnic is in order, I will go ask the chefs to prepare a hamper. Would you like to freshen up my dear? Slip into something more light?"

Lizzie nodded, she couldn't even give simple answers now, it was taking all her strength not to make an inappropriate scene in the parlour. God forbid a maid walk in.

Mr Darcy planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, he smelt like fresh linen, with an air of chopped wood.

"I'll meet you outside in half an hour," he said pulling away, "I'll get a maid to take you to our quarters while I go to the kitchen." His hands left hers and he rose, swiftly exciting the room.

Lizzie sighed, she felt her cheeks were hot. Mr Darcy knew how to make her blush.