17

"So she is mine?" I forced myself to look at him and nodded.
"Yeah." My voice barely had any sound, it was only a whisper anymore.
"Fuck Emily." He ran his fingers through his hair and over his face.
"This can't be real. Why didn't you tell me before? You had so many chances."
That's right, I had, and I felt very bad I didn't.
"I was scared Lando. I know it wasn't the right decision now but I thought it was then. Also what do you expect me to say? 'Oh hey Lando we're working together now so by the way I had your child half a year ago, let's film a TikTok now'?" My voice was shaking because he seemed to be angry which I couldn't blame him for.
"Yeah right but who are you to decide all of that on your own? Do you want my money? Because that's all I can give you to be honest."
My eyes widened in shook.
"If I wanted your money then I would've come to you earlier and wouldn't hide my child. I don't need your money." I started to get angry. Of course this is my fault but what is this? Why would I want his money?
"Great, then we figured it out pretty quick."
He said with an attitude.
"Great." I said, fighting my tears because this situation is what I feared the most and it's not going the way I wanted it to go. A few tears of anger rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away as fast as I could but he saw it already.
His face softened for a second but then he looked at me with those cold eyes and that hard expression again.
"I didn't do it because of you. I did it because of me. I was selfish and I'm on fault here, I know that, but it just felt like the right thing to do. If I told you right away you would've send me off with a big amount of money. At least that's the best case scenario. In my head, the worst case scenario was that you would force me to have an abortion. Every scenario ended in me being alone with or even without that baby so I thought if I don't tell you I would be alone with her but at least I didn't totally embarrass myself. Call it pride or stubbornness, I don't care."
He listened to me and his expression didn't change once.
"Why ended none of your scenarios with me wanting the baby? Don't get me wrong. I'm not ready for a child, especially not for one from a one night stand, but why were you dumb enough not to tell me. Even if it was only for the money."
I rolled my eyes.
"Because that's exactly what I didn't want."
I pointed at him and then at me.
"I didn't want to have a situation like this."
I said.
"Who knows about it?" He asked.
"Only my family and Lily and I'd like to keep it that way." I answered.
"Wouldn't make sense if I go out to tell the world. I can't believe you really did this." He gave me a side eye.
"It doesn't change anything because I don't want your stupid money and you won't be a dad for June so what are you so upset about?"
I shrugged.
"What I'm-" he started his sentence raising his voice at me but then took a deep breath and continued calmly. Almost too calm.
"How dare you asking that? It's about a child's life and you act like we talk about some object."
This made me really angry so this time I was the one who raised their voice.
"Oh trust me I know because she's my daughter. I carried her in my body for 9 months, I pressed her out after that and cared for her the last 7 months so don't stand there telling me what this is about. I'm the one who suffered, you just didn't know and it doesn't change anything for you. Your situation remains the same while I'm here justifying my actions. I know what I've done and it wasn't the right thing to do but I'm the one who's trying to solve all the problems while you just stand there and tell me that you can't do anything but pay me!" I took a deep breath.
"I'm not your butler or something who's responsible to solve your problems."
He said calmly and that made my anger rise even more.
"MY problem? Are you fucking kidding me? There are always two people involved in making a child if you didn't know so if you want that birds and bees talk we can do that but it's kinda too late for that if you ask me. It's not my fault the condom or whatever didn't do its job so don't act like I'm the only one on fault here because you shoved you mini-wini inside of me so it's your responsibility, too!"
He stared at me, processed my words and then bursted out into laughter.
I crossed my arms. I was so mad at him before and now he's laughing, wich only fuels my anger.
He tried to say something in between gasps for air and more laughing.
"What's so funny right now?" I rolled my eyes. He wasn't far from lying on the ground, holding his stomach probably because he laughed so hard.
"Did you-" laughing, "did you call my dick a mini-wini?" And more laughter.
It took me a few seconds to understand what he meant. "Did I?" I bit my bottom lip to hide my smile. I was too mad to join his laughter.
"Uh huh" he made, wiping his tears of laughter.
That's when I couldn't keep it in.
I joined him laughing and we both couldn't stop, always making the other start again.

After a while we both calmed down.
"I'm still super mad at you."
I said.
"Yeah same. And for the records: it's not a mini-wini, so don't call him that ever again."
"Him? Oh my god. I'm leaving."
I texted my driver and the silence between us was uncomfortable as fuck.
We both didn't look at the other and I felt his uncomfortableness too.
"I didn't mean to scream like that. Sorry." I said still without looking at him.
"Maybe we should talk about that topic again after we had some time to think about it."
I suggested.
"There is nothing to talk about anymore to be honest." He sounded like he had no doubt.
"Okay then." My driver pulled up and I walked to the car. I turned around to Lando, one more time and said: "again, thanks for saving me."
Then I got into the car and closed the door.

For some reason I was disappointed. Part of me hoped he wanted to be a real dad for June and that part is sad now but nothing has changed for June and me so it was fine.