Chapter 14: Trapped

As the group huddled together in the cabin, the howling wind outside rattled the windows and the rain beat against the roof with relentless fury. It was as if the very elements themselves were conspiring against them, the storm's intensity far surpassing anything they had ever experienced.

Sophie clutched her blanket tightly around her, her eyes wide with fear. "What's happening out there?" she whispered, her voice barely audible over the roar of the storm.

"I don't know," Ella replied, her brow furrowed with concern. "But I have a feeling this isn't just a normal storm. It's like the spirit is trying to keep us trapped here, cut off from the outside world."

As if to confirm her suspicions, the power flickered and died, plunging the cabin into darkness. The sudden loss of light sent a shiver down their spines, the darkness seeming to swallow them whole.

Jake lit a candle, its flickering flame casting eerie shadows on the walls. "We need to stay calm," he said, his voice steady despite the tension in the air. "We can't let fear cloud our judgment. We need to stick together and find a way to ride out this storm."

But as the night wore on, strange sounds began to echo through the cabin, each one more unsettling than the last. Whispers seemed to float on the wind, and the creaking of the old wood seemed to take on a sinister tone.

Lily hugged her knees to her chest, her eyes darting nervously around the room. "Do you think the spirit is out there?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Max shook his head, his expression grim. "It's hard to say," he replied. "But one thing's for sure, we're not safe here. We need to find a way to break free from this trap and confront the spirit head-on."

Despite their fear, the group found strength in each other's presence, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. They shared stories and jokes to lighten the mood, finding solace in their shared camaraderie amidst the chaos.

As the storm raged on outside, they used the time to strategize and prepare for the final confrontation with the spirit. They knew that the coming battle would be their toughest yet, but they were ready to face it together, united in their determination to put an end to the curse once and for all.