Our Little Adventures

Weeks have passed since the incident that led us fake dating. I wonder what life is if Jenny didn't come to the party.. probably not fun, right? Why am I even thinking about this...

"What's wrong Katie? You were so focused thinking about something." Shit, did I look too focused? I guess I thought about it too much. I should just continue this life, who knows what happens next?

"Oh, nothing. Say, do you live alone?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Oh, well, my parents.. they um..." Fuck, I shouldn't talk about sensitive topics, stupid me.

"Oh, sorry for your loss.. I never knew..."

"What do you mean? My parents are still alive." He starts giggling, this is embarrassing...

"Oh, so where are your parents then?"

"They're in another country, don't know why but they said they'll be back soon."

"When did they say that?"

"When I was 10." Doesn't that mean he was abandoned?

"Wait, so you lived alone since that age?"

"Yeah, why? It's normal right?" It's not normal for me.

"Since you live alone, can I uhm, like, come over?"

"Eh?" He says with a little shocked expression, I guess he didn't expect for someone like me to say something like that.

"Uhm, sure I guess? But it's really messy."

"Oh come on! How messy can it be?"

School ends, we go to his house and as I enter...

"Oh, my, god." Garbage everywhere, piles of cup noodles, spilled soda, basically hell in Earth.

"HOW ARE YOU STILL LIVING??" The normal reaction for everyone that takes a look inside.

"What do you mean? I think it's pretty healthy." Healthy? In what world this is healthy? Abomination.

"Hey, can I just clean your house? I can't stand seeing it in this condition."

"Really? You're willing to do it? For me?" He seems excited, I can't resist with that big smile of his.

"Yeah of course! So, can I?"

"Of course! Please!" And so I started cleaning the house, I started with taking out the garbage, cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, sweeped the floor, and more. It was tiring, but it's worth it! It's for my best friend after all. After a while, I finally finished! The end looked so shiny and clean, the look on his face made me laugh so hard.

"THANK YOU! YOU'RE AN ANGEL! HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO MAKE THIS SUPER CLEAN??"

"The power of... Uhm... Yeah."

"HEY HEY, IF THE HOUSE GETS DIRTY AGAIN, ARE YOU WILLING TO CLEAN IT? PLEASE???"

"Yeah, of course! I'll gladly do it for you, and you know what? You shouldn't eat junk food everyday. How about I'll make you food everyday?"

"SERIOUSLY?"

"Yeah." Looking at him, I'm pretty happy myself. It's the first time I've seen Ray so happy in a long time. I'm glad I asked to come over.

"Hey Katie! Wanna go to this new restaurant? I heard that it has really good food! I'll treat you as thanks!"

"Really? Let's go!!"

On our way to the restaurant, Ray was humming joyfully. It's so fun being with him, I guess I KINDA like him.

"We're here!"