-Chapter 1-

The Beach by The Neighborhood
-Talia's POV-

Should I make the roses red or yellow, or light blue? What were their colors again? Did they want cake toppers?

"Hey, lia!" Someone shouted from behind me, causing me jump in my seat. Turning to see Lorenzo waving at me like a mad man. I see him everyday, and he never seem to lose energy or that big, bright smile he's always wearing.

"Oh..hey..." I said, turning back around to the and not paying attention to him fully. Even though we've been close friends since college, he's always so happy and full of energy to see me like we don't work together.

"What are you working on now? Who's this cake for? What falor is it? What......" He continued on walking in front me, while I slowly zoned out. Taking in his appearance, he is muscular man, but not too muscular. He has enough fat on him to give out the most welcoming hugs known to man. He's always make short jokes like I'm 2 feet tall, I'm always jealous of his hair, it's so freaking curly, long, and shiny. Like how did you get your hair to be shiny!?! His tanned skin with tattoos showing here and there, my favorite one is the cupcake on his forearm.

"Earth to Lia?" Lorenzo said, with an amused look in his eyes.

"Yea?" I said, trying to remember the questions he was throwing at me.

"Stop checking me out, you prev." He said jokingly while grabbing for his imaginary pearls. Causing me to roll my eyes in response.

I'm glad that I'm friends with him......he forced himself into my life and heart. I would do anything for him, and I know he would do the same if it had to come down to it.

"So why are you here?" I asked quickly knowing he was here for a reason, going back to my work. Maybe I will make the flowers red. Red always look good.

"Well since you asked oh so nicely" he said causing me to huff, "I want to take you out tonight" he finished, making me look at he fully again with wide eyes like he lost his mind.

"Why? The last time we went out, we almost got arrested the last we went out!" I whined/said. Even though it was two years ago doesn't mean I don't take precautions when we go out together by ourselves.

"That was...like...two years ago. Stop reminding me." He said looking far off like he's remembering what happened.

"Where are we gonna go? We're not going back to 'The Angels' that place was ass and there were too many creeps there. They made my skin crawl" I shivered memory that night.

"Oh hon, that place was ass." Jamie said in a caring tone like a grandma, walking towards me with arms wide open, making me smile his act and accept his hug regardless.

"So where are we gonna go?" I asked, still in his arms.

Holding me in arm length while looking me up down, "We can go to this new place I found, and put on that dress I bought you last month." He said.

"What is it called and where is it?" I asked.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about those details, daddy got you covered." He joked while winking at me, and making me laugh. It's never a dull moment with him around.

"Ok, fine. Can I get back to my work now?" I asked sarcastically.

"Of course of course, don't let me hold you up" He said walking away.

———————————7 hours later————————————————

What was that dress he bought for me? What shoes could i wear with this dress? Maybe some flats, I don't want my feet to hurting all night. I want some ice cream, I need to buy some later on.