March 13, 1999

Journal Entry #2 - 1:21 a.m., Saturday

"The end of labor is to gain leisure." (Aristotle)

The Bigger Bodies Initiative... Where to begin...

It was the fatal mistake that Playtime Co. made that accosted them everything that they had oversaw, that they had built. It all started when an executive had an idea: turn people into large versions of the popular toys they manufactured who will replace the human employees to cut on budget costs. A great idea, if you were a psychopath. But, to my misfortune, the company went through with it. That was how my brothers and my sisters were made. That is how I was made.

All it took was a flower. A Poppy Flower, to be exact. I do not understand how, but this red flower... it was capable of reviving recently dead organisms, which is not normal if we remember that there has been no other instance of a living, breathing being which has died and has come back to life. It is scientifically impossible to ever do this, but the Poppy Flower breaks that impossibility. I have tested these flowers myself, but not on live subjects as I do not want to become like my creators. No, I have been testing on corpses of recently deceased animals that scatter my environment.

I have found some success at replicating these experiments, but most of my subjects (deer, raccoons, and hares) have either relapsed into their dormant state or have turned to a sort of murderous insanity. I do see how size factors to the success of each experiment and the longevity of each subject's life when I add the mixture into their corpses. This is how I was able to survive when I was made. Interesting...

Afterthought:

I have seen some instances where the Poppy Flower has created creatures that defy nature's expectations. From reports I have found about the island of Aranearum, I have learned about a monster known as Charles. It is some sort of monstrosity with the anatomy of a classic steam engine and a demonized spider. Through some research, I have discovered a fascinating detail about the island that this legend resides on.

Playtime Co. executives had been considering building a factory on Aranearum. Construction had even started around 1996, expressing the company's interest in this small island. During their short stay in Aranearum, to appeal to the culture of the island's colonists, the unfinished factory started making original characters just for them. This included concept art for an eerily-similar cartoon train.

My theory is that the scrapped character the Playtime employees were working on was also going to receive its own Big-Body counterpart until the factory had to be closed down due to the Hour of Joy. The character's unruly and disgusting appearance may be attributed to brutal experiments that us toys had experienced in the United States Factory. And the description of its behavior (animal-like and murderous) can be from unresolved effects of mental trauma or the Poppy Flower. Either way, this creature must be connected to the Playtime family.

 Either way, this creature must be connected to the Playtime family

End of Log.