𝓢𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

Emalia's POV

The second I step foot into the classroom, my eyes meet green ones, Noah.

I had no idea we also had the same math class. I smile brightly at him, waving excitedly back and forth. I'm incredibly thankful for his help yesterday I should find a way to thank him. I'll buy him a muffin.

The idea of muffins brings me to thoughts of the tall, dark-haired man with grey eyes. I wondered if he had a girlfriend, out of pure curiosity of course. Did he have kids? The image of chubby little babies sharing his same big eyes and black hair warmed my heart.

I needed to ask him these questions.

Today he said he would meet with me at school, and I was so utterly excited; plus, it would be a perfect time to get to know him better.  Last night had been wonderful, until I ruined it, but it turned wonderful again.

I loved spending time with him and watching his scary appearance unravel to reveal such a sweet person.

I moved up the stairs feeling more energetic than usual. I had a million less than ideal things going on, but as long as I had one good thing it was okay, and I had a lot of good things. I had my grandma, I was making friends, and soon I would have a degree. Life was good, today I was having a good day.

Once I arrived at my usual seat I went on about my usual routine of pulling out my pink glittered notebook and pen. Pretty things seriously motivated me to do better.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" I heard a voice call somewhere beside me. A thrill ran down my spine, no one usually talked to me in this class. Immediately I rushed back into my bag pulling out my pencil bag.

"Here, you choose. You can borrow whatever you want, you can keep it too if you want, and if you need more than one that's totally fine by me." Once I finally look up I come to see Noah. "Oh. Hi again!" I grin sheepishly for not having realized.

"Hey," he grinned back, "you didn't give me a chance to say hi back earlier."

"I'll buy you a muffin from the library as an apology, and as a thanks for helping me yesterday. I'll give it to you in chemistry if that's okay?" He moves to sit next to me pulling out his computer.

"I can come with you and we could hang out." He says casually well opening his computer.

With a grimace on my face, I shake my head, "Rain check?" I already had a plan with Alaric and I wasn't gonna cancel.

"Yeah, no problem, whenever you want." He smiles reassuringly meeting my eyes, before I can say another word the voice of the professor resonates through the speakers around the room used to ensure we can all hear his raspy voice.

The class goes by smoothly, I ask Noah about anything I didn't get, and in return help him with anything he missed; it's nice. By the time class is almost over I'm pulling out my phone to text him.

ME: Get ready to eat a fat juicy muffin! 😋

Last night before going to bed, I had sent him the address and time and told him I'd meet him in the parking lot just because I didn't want him to get lost since it was a pretty big campus with like a million libraries. He hadn't responded but I trusted he would be here.

ME: 5 minutes and I'm outtt 🤠

After about a second my phone buzzed with a notification to my surprise. He actually answered.

🧚‍♂️✨DA BESTIE 4 ♾️✨🧚‍♂️: I'm here.

At the sight of his message, weird feelings bubbled into my tummy.

ME: Almost out! Just a little more 🤏

ME: I'll run 👟💨to the parking lot to make sure you do not wait long and you know running is my enemy 👿

"Who are you texting?" Noah whispers. I look up from the screen after waiting a second longer for him to respond. I look to see Noah's face watching a frown appear on his face.

"My best friend," I say and watch his frown quickly be replaced by what looked a lot like relief.

"Are you meeting with her after class?" I nod my head and chuckle at the idea of muscular-tattooed Alaric being a girl. "Yeah, I'm meeting him after this."

"You guys are dismissed." the second the words left Mr. Taylor's mouth I was already up and shoving everything in my bag.

"He's a guy?" Noah questioned as I was already zipping my backpack up and heading down the steps. "Yea! I'll see you in chemistry! Bye!" I waved at him not looking as the steps came sooner than expected and I felt gravity pulling me down.

Catching me before I hit the ground, I felt strong warm arms encircling my waist and pulling me upright. I knew who it was before I looked up. I smelled the strong spicy cologne that smelled expensive and addicting.

"You're here!" I grinned with surprise the second I confirmed it with my eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a ruffled worried look in his eyes. "Did you get hurt?" he pulled me closer and I had to lay my hand on his chest to prevent from hitting my nose on his dark blue almost black shirt that made his eyes appear indigo with specs of silver.

"I'm super! How'd you know I was in this class?" He met my eyes and asserted me for a second before moving his eyes past me to something over my head and his eyes immediately converted from their burning intensity to cold detachment.

I pulled farther back from him trying to see what caused the change. A stunned-looking Noah came into view.

Stepping out of Alaric's hold, I gladly introduced "Noah, this is my best friend. Alaric this is Noah"

Something crossed between my two friends that I couldn't understand but it didn't feel right as no one spoke a word and awkwardness began seeping in, at least for me.

"Well, I'll see you later Noah." I waved, moving to leave but saw an unmoving Alaric with an expression I had never seen before but that made me hesitate before speaking to him.

"Let's go?" I frowned unconsciously taking a small step back. His eyes moved straight to the distance I created and came up to me.

"Yes." He said, returning to what I knew him as. He opened his hand for me to take and without much thought I took it.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Word count- 1115

Do you guys prefer longer or shorter parts? Lmk!