Prologue: The Boy Who Lost His Happiness

Note (This will be posted before every chapter): This story will cover some themes, such as depression and anxiety, throughout the course of the story. Not enough to overstep the Wattpad Guidelines or be labeled as Mature, but enough to be seen as not your usual Trolls fanfic. Some instances it'll be due to how these themes have impacted the lives of both the oc's and the original cast of the Trolls series, while other instances will be for story progression and character growth. I would honestly say this oc insert is more of a PG-13 rated type of fic, if going by movie rating standards and my opinion, though to be fair I could also technically label it as PG, like the movie, considering the fact it also has certain themes in it. (*cough cough* Born to Die *cough cough*) All readers have been warned. Hopefully you enjoy the read!
————————————————————————

"No..."

The blaring sirens from the ambulance had been deafening.
The flashing lights of the police had been blinding.
The rising tension hadn't registered to his perception.
The people around him had all but faded into the background.

"No please..."

What lies under the moonlit skies is a life.
A life fleeting and fading with every second passing.
This life, who's precious to the boy in silent standing.
This life, whose exuding blood soon floods everlasting.

"Please... don't go..."

The boy who now stands before it,
Hoping for the clock to break with a silent invocation.
He steps towards the depths of a darkness unspoken,
reaching out towards a life forsaken.

"Don't leave me..."

Sirens distancing themselves from earshot.
Lights darkening themselves from eyeshot.
Just as reality demolishes itself like a scattershot,
Life begins to disappear from the world like an upshot.

"I don't want to say goodbye..."

He cries in anguish, demise holding onto a life vanquish.
The life close to death cradles him in its lasting embrace.
Smiling up towards the stars, knowing that they will join them in the night sky.
As the spirit of life finally dwindles away, life rambles on one last time saying...

"I'll always be with you, my precious baby boy..."

The light departs unto the heavens, glistening as it imparts warmth on the boy.
The boy silently watching the stars with heaviness in his heart.
Wishing upon the stars that he may one day get back his jolliness.
Fading fast into the night sky, he became known as the boy who lost sight of happiness.

"WAIT!"
—————————————————————————-
The boy had woken up in a panic. The overwhelming emotions that surfaced once again had overtaken his senses, leaving him disoriented. His heart felt like it was going a mile a minute as the adrenaline made him feel suffocated. However, just as soon as these feeling came, he had managed to soothe himself into coming back into his senses. He looked around the room, noticing that the blurry blobs in front of him had begun to be less blurry and more like actual objects. Some of these things were a small TV mounted on the wall, a few cheap paintings he had bought at an auction once and a table dresser directly underneath for his clothes.

"Another nightmare, huh...? It couldn't even be a good dream this time?"

The boy sighed in response, glancing over towards the semi-covered window, thanks to the black curtains taking up half of the window space. Once he managed to take a quick glance through the middle of the two curtains and into the outside world. Kids having the times of their lives, playing games such as tag or hide and seek, adults talking to each other and having a barbeque together, and the music blasting for all to hear. It was a classic summer day, and everyone was enjoying it! All except him...