Chapter 1: A Glimpse Into The Past (Origins Part 1)

Note (This will be posted before every chapter): This story will cover some themes, such as depression and anxiety, throughout the course of the story. Not enough to overstep the Wattpad Guidelines or be labeled as Mature, but enough to be seen as not your usual Trolls fanfic. Some instances it'll be due to how these themes have impacted the lives of both the oc's and the original cast of the Trolls series, while other instances will be for story progression and character growth. I would honestly say this oc insert is more of a PG-13 rated type of fic, if going by movie rating standards and my opinion, though to be fair I could also technically label it as PG, like the movie, considering the fact it also has certain themes in it. (*cough cough* Born to Die *cough cough*) All readers have been warned. Hopefully you enjoy the read!
———————————————————————

This is a story as old as time.

In the beginning, there was silence.

Some say that music had found them and had gifted them extraordinary musical talents and abilities.

Others say that they had found the music and that they had used it for their own benefit.

However, now stands the question: Which is the truth? The answer is simple: No one knows.

But then... how did they discover music? Or better yet, who gave them their music?

Well then, let's dive into the story of...

The Origin of Music.
—————————————————————————

The whole world surrounding them had been completely devoid of any sort of color or vibrancy. The trees were non-moving, only giving off the essential creak that came from its charcoal colored branches. The air was cold as it was still. The sun's cloud colored rays had shone through the slight dark clouds, providing those who touched it anything but warmth. The darkened sky had no brightness to it nor was it clear enough to show off the world's true beauty.

The plants hadn't begun to sprout from their homes and those that did, barely lasted a week before withering away. The animals that lived within the forest, that was as dark as the night, had all but dared to show themselves as to not be hunted by their prey. The water had no sparkle or shine to it, it was just a shadow of what it truly could have been. However, the most notable of all of these things was the fact that all of the residents that had lived within the world of black, white and gray had essentially been the same as the world around them: Colorless.

Though, just because these creatures weren't vibrant in color, that didn't mean that they weren't interesting. These creatures, known as the Trolls, had come in all different shapes and sizes. There were some that were bipedal with arms, legs, and really long hair and those who looked more fierce and wild than the first. There were some that had the top half of the first type of trolls, but had the bottom half of a buffalo. Almost as if they had been some sort of centaur, but with smaller legs, a smaller stature and bigger hair. Some trolls had essentially been 'adult babies', with big heads and small bodies, but they also had a pair of wings that allowed them to fly. There were those that looked the most suited for aquatic life, with gills, fins and tails well suited for the ocean. As well as those that looked almost animal-like with long necks and walking on all fours. There were also many, MANY other types of Trolls in this world, but to many outside of their community, these six main types were the ones that most were associated with.

When it came to bringing about leaders to guide these trolls towards a prosperous life within the world of coldness and darkness, six were to be chosen to take the mantel as the central figures of the trolls. With a new council formed, all the trolls were unified and together they allowed themselves to create a prosperous future for themselves. However, the decision of one of these council members would lead to a consequence that no one could have predicted.
—————————————————————————
"What do you mean that we can't expand our territory?! The countryside down by the riverbank is full of water and houses a big enough space for trolls in need!"