2.8

a/n: SilverRose98 made this edit too and it's literally amazing ahh!! omfg and when it flashes to Sejanus when they say 'get your priorities in order' I died PLS-

also a little extra angst in this chapter beware~

*****

Sejanus didn't mean to snoop. He didn't mean to invade Liville's privacy, or anything like that. He was just...curious.

Curious and worried. Because while he trusted Liville to be fair to the tributes, he didn't trust Coriolanus 'let's bet on them like horses' Snow. If anything, Coriolanus was the last person Sejanus thought should have any power over other people.

Sejanus cared for his friend, he did. Because he wasn't as evil as the other kids at the Academy. Coriolanus befriended him, and showed him empathy, when no one else would. But at the same time, Sejanus knew that Coriolanus valued his own reputation over the health of others.

Which had been pointed out their second year at the Academy, when Coriolanus witnessed another student faint from stress during an exam. He'd been the only one left in the room, the teachers had stepped out. He did not report that the student had fainted until after he'd completed and turned in his test.

And sometimes Sejanus didn't...trust Coriolanus with Liville.

But that wasn't something he wanted to dwell on, or think about. What Sejanus focused on now was the proposals they'd needed so much privacy to work on.

He had hoped her project would've been outside her bag. But it wasn't. And though he felt guilty while doing it, Sejanus dug through Liville's school bag to find it.

He found the paper carefully tucked away into a folder. He was careful pulling it out, seeing how much effort she'd placed into making sure it didn't wrinkle.

He held it in his hands, standing next to the fireplace so that he could read it in the dark room.

The paper began, 'In light of recent tragedies, it'd be in the Capitol's best interest to assign the role of 'tribute mentor' to previous victors.'

He stilled.

What?

Previous victors?

He continued reading, 'These victors should be selected from each district on a volunteer basis. However, if no volunteers are present, names should be drawn out of the previous tributes-'

Sejanus pulled the paper away, feeling nauseous.

Liville was suggesting...a second reaping?

A reaping for those that were already traumatized by their first one?

A reaping that would not end in death, but possible eternal imprisonment in the Capitol?

A second reaping? It was evil. How could this be Liville's idea?

He skipped to the next proposal he could find.

'To ensure the safety of Capitol citizens, tributes should be aware that their actions in the Capitol will be reflected on their own families.'

"What?" he whispered with panic. This time, he said it out loud.

'The families of the tributes that cooperate with Capitol laws will be given a generous amount of extra food rations, to amend the loss of a child, while the families of those that continue rebelling will be given no extra supplies.'

He inhaled sharply. He flipped the page over, counting each proposal. She had twelve.

And then he noticed another piece of paper folded in her bag. He grabbed it, examining it also.