s i x t e e n

Rune's Pov

My eyes roam around the house as I wait for Kora. This is the fanciest place I have ever been to. I literally had to beg Gus to borrow one of his shirts just so I could good look now.

I walk to the table placed at the corner where a huge vase of red roses rests. I'm tracing the petals of the roses when I hear "I'm ready!" Kora.

I immediately spin around at the sound of her voice and when I see her walking down the stairs in that white dress,

Oh.

My.

God.

She's beautiful.

She's like poetry. A piece of poetry filled with beautiful words and phrases. She's the type of girl poets write about.

The dress is tight on her waist and loosens down her hips, complimenting her hourglass figure. Her skin is a light shade of brown. Her beautiful long black curls are the riffles of the dark ocean and it reaches her waist. It sways with her as she walks down the stairs.

Her rosy plump lips have turned into a smile. But when I see her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes smiling for me, just for me, I even forget how to breathe.

Her eyes. They're pretty as the deep blue ocean. I can't help but keep drowning in those eyes. Your beautiful eyes stole my heart away.

Fuck.

Holy fuck.

I love her.

She's beautiful and I'm not just talking about how she looks. She's a beautiful human being. She's the type of girl you will fall in love with for a lifetime.

And now I can't take my eyes off her. I don't know how to explain this feeling because I have never felt this feeling before. The feeling where you feel like you're flying, where you literally feel your heart beating. Just for her. Only for her.

She stole my heart. She stole all of it. She didn't have to steal it, I would have willingly given it to her in the first place.

I might not be able to be the king to Princess Eraya but I will be the man of Kora Fox.

Kora Pov

When I walk down the stairs seeing Rune gazing up at me as if I'm the only girl in the world, I feel my heart taking off and flying.

He's

Beautiful.

Breathtaking.

He's like art.

A beautiful piece of art.

And I'm not just talking about his appearance. He's the type of boy you will never be able to move on from.

He's wearing a white shirt and it's folded up to his elbows. He probably borrowed that from Gus. I giggle at that thought. His hair is still the same mess. The way I like it.

His eyes. They're the color of the dark green forest, gleaming like diamonds. His eyes smile for me, just for me. His hair is the color of sweet chocolate and passionate honey.

I have met many men; princes look at me like they want me, but this, I never seen anyone look at me the way he's looking at me right now. He's looking at me like I'm the only girl in this world. He's looking at me like I'm a rare diamond; like something precious.

The scar that runs through his neck, I hope he's not insecure about it. It's beautiful. It's unique. It tells a story. It makes him him. He's a beautiful human being.

He's my king.